Kifaru knock offs infiltrating the market.

Has anyone else noticed these companies blatantly ripping off Kifaru’s designs? Viam outdoors, maxim outdoors, etc. I’m sure they see the popularity of Kifaru and want to replicate what they due but they’re stealing Kifaru’s designs. Talk about poor integrity Amongst some new business owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
I know there’s enforceable patents involved. I saw Aron comment once about a design change forced on them by eberlestock. And, I hate knock offs. We use knock off “certified aftermarket” parts in autobody too often. Forced on us by the insurance companies.

muddydogs

WKR
I know there’s enforceable patents involved. I saw Aron comment once about a design change forced on them by eberlestock. And, I hate knock offs. We use knock off “certified aftermarket” parts in autobody too often. Forced on us by the insurance companies.

So are you saying that Kifaru stole design features from Eberlestock?

Trial153

WKR
if you patented every style and product you brought to the market for stuff like this you be broke before you sold anything.

Brendan

WKR
So are you saying that Kifaru stole design features from Eberlestock?

Kifaru stopped selling the Mountain Rambler pack because of a patent Eberlestock held on a pack with an integrated scabbard. It's why it's not on the market and available anymore.

Plenty of companies out there I won't buy from because all they sell are knock offs. Plenty of game bags that are rip-offs of tag bags for example and I like supporting Larry after the support I've gotten from him.

Has anyone else noticed these companies blatantly ripping off Kifaru’s designs? Viam outdoors, maxim outdoors, etc. I’m sure they see the popularity of Kifaru and want to replicate what they due but they’re stealing Kifaru’s designs. Talk about poor integrity Amongst some new business owners.

I can’t even find Maxim outdoors, but what Viam product are you calling a blatant ripoff? I guess maybe those small bags are sort of like pullouts but there’s not much overlap I see on stuff that is uniquely Kifaru territory.

OP
G
I can’t even find Maxim outdoors, but what Viam product are you calling a blatant ripoff? I guess maybe those small bags are sort of like pullouts but there’s not much overlap I see on stuff that is uniquely Kifaru territory.

Tarp design, sawtooth, pull outs, meat bag, woobie, slick bag. Maybe you didn’t look hard enough if all you could see was the pull outs.

Tarp design, sawtooth, pull outs, meat bag, woobie, slick bag. Maybe you didn’t look hard enough if all you could see was the pull outs.

Almost none of that is so Kifaru-unique to call it a ripoff. And hard lol if you think Kifaru invented the woobie. Meat bags and pullouts are simplest hell and there’s only so many ways to skin the cat. Doesn’t seem worth the recreational outrage.

Almost none of that is so Kifaru-unique to call it a ripoff. And hard lol if you think Kifaru invented the woobie. Meat bags and pullouts are simplest hell and there’s only so many ways to skin the cat. Doesn’t seem worth the recreational outrage.

Ok, my tone here make me sound like I think you're a moron when in reality I just disagree. Sorry about that. Still disagree but hate catching myself being an internet asshole.

OP
G
Ok, my tone here make me sound like I think you're a moron when in reality I just disagree. Sorry about that. Still disagree but hate catching myself being an internet asshole.

It’s fine. I’m just finding it odd that these companies are doing this. Seek outside did the same thing. Am I a Kifaru freak? I would say so. However, I’ve used plenty of packs that have failed on me and tents. So with it being American made and strongly behind their product it’s hard for me not to be.

SWOHTR

WKR

Replace “Kifaru” with “Yeti” and you name the competition...RTIC, for one, and it’ll illustrate business practices.

Saw my first RTIC bumper sticker the other day!!!

I wish I had taken a picture. There was a jegs sticker and a few others I couldn’t readily identify. No buckmark in pink camp or otherwise. No “bone collector” or any of that either. I wonder who puts an rtic bumper sticker on the back of there extended cab 2wd Chevy z71. I still am curious.

530Chukar

WKR
Never heard of either of those companies until now. Had to take a look. I’ll have to say, the Yellowstone shelter looks an awful lot like the megatarp.

Trial153

WKR
I have to ask. At this point how does one expect to exactly make a tarp that doesn’t look like some other tarp that’s been made already?

colersu22

WKR
This popped up last year for viam outdoors when other mentioned jimmy tarps Hudson was like a mega tarp.

HookUp

WKR
No one is complaining about First light, Kuiu and Sitka knocking off the mountain brands technical clothing lines.