Lifetime Cooler

matthewmt

WKR
I'm planning on picking one up pretty quick. Does look like only a 55qt is available?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The reviews on you tube shows the Ozark not holding ice nearly as long. Probably built as heavy duty and definitely heavier in general. But, in ice retention, it pales.

BCsteve

WKR
The reviews on you tube shows the Ozark not holding ice nearly as long. Probably built as heavy duty and definitely heavier in general. But, in ice retention, it pales.

I don’t know, I think I’ve watch all the reviews for both and they both seem to keep ice for about five days. The only test where I saw the Lifetime last 7 days was where the guy had pre-chilled it. My take on the reviews is that they hold ice for about the same amount of time but the Ozark is stronger but also heavier and $50 more. I think I’ll go check hem out tomorrow.

LostArra

WKR
I'm in the minority but I don't find this size roto molded cooler of any brand to be great. The weight to capacity ratio doesn't work for me just to cool drinks.

Clarktar

WKR
I'm in the minority but I don't find this size roto molded cooler of any brand to be great. The weight to capacity ratio doesn't work for me just to cool drinks.
This is where I am at also when looking for a 15+20 qt cooler. We finally tossed a old cooler that was 20 qt as it really didn't keep things cold, ice would melt by 2nd day mostly. But trying to replace it with something that has good insulation is hard. The roto coolers are all heavy and/or don't have a top handle. In this size cooler we prefer top handle so one person can carry it and something else. This is mostly our day or overnight cooler, short family trips etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don’t know, I think I’ve watch all the reviews for both and they both seem to keep ice for about five days. The only test where I saw the Lifetime last 7 days was where the guy had pre-chilled it. My take on the reviews is that they hold ice for about the same amount of time but the Ozark is stronger but also heavier and $50 more. I think I’ll go check hem out tomorrow.

The reviews I have seen of the Lifetime show it holding ice for 7 days in Florida heat, sun, and humidity. The Ozark didn't last 5 days. That's opening the cooler and moving drinks from the top to bottom and so forth.

BCsteve

WKR
The reviews I have seen of the Lifetime show it holding ice for 7 days in Florida heat, sun, and humidity. The Ozark didn't last 5 days. That's opening the cooler and moving drinks from the top to bottom and so forth.

This one? Lifetime Products 55 Qt Cooler Ice Retention Test, $100 Cooler, How Long Does It Last? - YouTube

Have seen others? To be clear, I’m not trying to argue with you, I’m debating between the Lifetime and the Ozark so the more info the better. 🍻

amp713

WKR
I'm gonna grab one this weekend when I head to the nearest city with a Walmart. I need a decent cooler as my year is lining out to be desert hunts

tems908

FNG
I just ordered one, my local stores didn't have it in stock. We plan on using it for several family camping trips this summer.

This one? Lifetime Products 55 Qt Cooler Ice Retention Test, $100 Cooler, How Long Does It Last? - YouTube

Have seen others? To be clear, I’m not trying to argue with you, I’m debating between the Lifetime and the Ozark so the more info the better. 🍻

I'm starting to believe I have confused something. I cant find a head to head comparison. I thought I had seen one but, I can't find it. All I can find is mixed reviews on the Ozark. I can't find anymore Lifetime reviews either and, I KNOW I have seen more video's of it then the one you linked. I'll keep at it

CorbLand

WKR
This is where I am at also when looking for a 15+20 qt cooler. We finally tossed a old cooler that was 20 qt as it really didn't keep things cold, ice would melt by 2nd day mostly. But trying to replace it with something that has good insulation is hard. The roto coolers are all heavy and/or don't have a top handle. In this size cooler we prefer top handle so one person can carry it and something else. This is mostly our day or overnight cooler, short family trips etc.

The honest truth is why would you pay for an expensive cooler for something as simple as a day trip? I have never understood this. I have owned Yetis and Pelicans for awhile and really like them but the only time I have ever heard of a good reason to buy a $200 20 quart cooler was for a guy that needed to keep his medication cold and wanted it in case they couldn't get to ice soon enough.

huntcoop

WKR
I'm starting to believe I have confused something. I cant find a head to head comparison. I thought I had seen one but, I can't find it. All I can find is mixed reviews on the Ozark. I can't find anymore Lifetime reviews either and, I KNOW I have seen more video's of it then the one you linked. I'll keep at it

Search Lifetime cooler on YouTube and there is a lot of videos.

Clarktar

WKR
The honest truth is why would you pay for an expensive cooler for something as simple as a day trip? I have never understood this. I have owned Yetis and Pelicans for awhile and really like them but the only time I have ever heard of a good reason to buy a $200 20 quart cooler was for a guy that needed to keep his medication cold and wanted it in case they couldn't get to ice soon enough.
One reason is the other coolers we have used seem to just be a glorified container with minimal insulation. And Luke warm stuff after 1-2 days is annoying.

Also, as a family we are hard on stuff. Everything is used to stand on, or jump on, or stack tons of stuff on etc..

I rather not spent 200.00 and likely won't. I have not paid full price for a yeti Orion etc and don't plan to either.

Thanks,

the only reason i got an RTIC 65QT cooler (paid 150 for it) was to double as seating on my boat. Space is a premium on a boat, and having a cooler you can sit on repeatedly without the lid caving in was nice.
I always said I wouldn't succumb to the fancy coolers as my old igloo did just fine on my 4-5 day hunts in the back at camp..but i wouldn't recommend using it as a seat

CorbLand

WKR
One reason is the other coolers we have used seem to just be a glorified container with minimal insulation. And Luke warm stuff after 1-2 days is annoying.

Also, as a family we are hard on stuff. Everything is used to stand on, or jump on, or stack tons of stuff on etc..

I rather not spent 200.00 and likely won't. I have not paid full price for a yeti Orion etc and don't plan to either.

Thanks,

the only reason i got an RTIC 65QT cooler (paid 150 for it) was to double as seating on my boat. Space is a premium on a boat, and having a cooler you can sit on repeatedly without the lid caving in was nice.
I always said I wouldn't succumb to the fancy coolers as my old igloo did just fine on my 4-5 day hunts in the back at camp..but i wouldn't recommend using it as a seat

There are some legitimate reasons to purchase Rotomolded coolers and you two hit two really good ones. Durability was my main factor in purchasing my Pelicans. I have never understood why people buy a YETI for a day trip in the back of their pickup. Most generic coolers will hold ice for a single day. When you start pushing multiple days it makes sense to get something a little beefier but for someone that is going to go out in the morning and be back that night, it just seems asinine.

WKR
There are some legitimate reasons to purchase Rotomolded coolers and you two hit two really good ones. Durability was my main factor in purchasing my Pelicans. I have never understood why people buy a YETI for a day trip in the back of their pickup. Most generic coolers will hold ice for a single day. When you start pushing multiple days it makes sense to get something a little beefier but for someone that is going to go out in the morning and be back that night, it just seems asinine.

Are you under the impression that people buy things based on logic or reason? That is rarely the case, even for those who believe (and LOUDLY proclaim) that they are above such emotional nonsense...

Clarktar

WKR
I operate based on FOMO
Are you under the impression that people buy things based on logic or reason? That is rarely the case, even for those who believe (and LOUDLY proclaim) that they are above such emotional nonsense...

CorbLand

WKR

I have worked retail for 5 years, I gave up on people using logic long ago.