Lifetime Cooler

I bought a Lifetime cooler last week at Walmart for $97. I have a larger Coleman Extreme (I think...) that I always pack with ice for cooling meat. I put 13 frozen milk jugs in the Coleman. In the Lifetime I put a bunch of room temperature drinks and 3 bags of crushed ice on top. This was on Wednesday night. Thursday morning I took off to work with both coolers in the back of my truck along with my family's camping gear and my bear hunting gear. My truck was parked in an unshaded parking lot in 86° temps until 5:30 pm. Then I drove to the mountains to begin our camping/hunting trip. The Coleman cooler was never opened the entire trip, the Lifetime was opened about every hour the whole time. Upon arriving home on Saturday afternoon, the Coleman had about 50% ice and 50% water in each milk jug. The Lifetime gave up about one quart of water from the drain hole, the rest of the crushed ice was still intact. I am not sure how well the Lifetime compares to other roto coolers, but it's definitely a huge step up from a traditional one. I'll be buying two more of the Lifetimes this week and using them exclusively from now on for camping and hunting.

I'm in the minority but I don't find this size roto molded cooler of any brand to be great. The weight to capacity ratio doesn't work for me just to cool drinks.

i am right there with you. I think it is silly. they are super thick, dont hold much compared to coolers with similar exterior size and just are not necessary for 95% of what i do. I will still take my old coleman cooler every day.