Colorado Draw Update Thread

ericF

WKR
The difference is that the license is never issued to someone, so CPW has continuous control. I haven't read what happens to the license if it isn't paid for, but I would imagine it is either re-issued to someone else who applied (although that might get wonky if you made other plans) or it gets put into the mayhem of whatever that one day in August is to get leftovers.

I suppose someone still could pay now and do the get your points back swap later on still too.

They have the mechanism to take care of this now with the re-issues. If it isn't issued before the leftover release date, I would imagine that they would do the same thing with any tag that gets turned in before then and put it in the leftover list. If it is a >5 point tag, then they will call the next 5 people in line and burn their points if they accept it and if not then it goes to the leftover list.

sndmn11

WKR
They have the mechanism to take care of this now with the re-issues. If it isn't issued before the leftover release date, I would imagine that they would do the same thing with any tag that gets turned in before then and put it in the leftover list. If it is a >5 point tag, then they will call the next 5 people in line and burn their points if they accept it and if not then it goes to the leftover list.

Yes, I think they should go down the list for folks for all tags. That seems to be a big complaint, "I put in for xyz tag and didn't draw it, but then it was on the leftover list and I still didn't get it". However, I suppose that if a tag doesn't get paid for it will then be in the leftover DRAW....

cnelk

WKR
Ok guys I just got off the phone with CPW. They said the draw has started and works as follows: They are starting in reverse alphabetical order from the third letter of your last name and anyone with a birthday that multiplies and the total has a number three in it. Then they will draw in diagonal order based on seniority from the month of your last dentist appointment. they also said every time you check online they move you to the bottom of the list and start all over again. Im glad i called and clarified. Finally it makes sense.

robie

WKR
Ok guys I just got off the phone with CPW. They said the draw has started and works as follows: They are starting in reverse alphabetical order from the third letter of your last name and anyone with a birthday that multiplies and the total has a number three in it. Then they will draw in diagonal order based on seniority from the month of your last dentist appointment. they also said every time you check online they move you to the bottom of the list and start all over again. Im glad i called and clarified. Finally it makes sense.

Those crazy Coloradans and their jokes. All the legal weed must be getting to them.

Fitzwho

WKR
19 of 93 unsuccessful at my point level for deer and 4 of 20 unsuccessful at my point level for Antelope. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
Based on the recap my buddy and I should have our deer tags. Zero point unit, numbers look basically unchanged from last year. Stoked!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
Guessing most of the new comers in the applications just went straight points. Basically what I did, just figured I would burn the couple deer points I had and start building again and shoot for a muzzleloader antelope hunt while I was at it.

Looking at the link the unit we applied for went from 100% with 2 points to 50% with 2 point. Kinda crazy... lost half our odds by one change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Looks like i got my 3rd season unit 22 deer tag and my son got an archery tag for the same unit. should be fun. Looking forward to coming out in September and exploring hard.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I'm having trouble understanding how they have a 5/4/2018 timestamp on the moose, 5/14 on deer, and 5/24 on antelope reports; and they still haven't sent out the emails?

I don't mean to come across as whiny, but is there a channel we can push on to get our voices hear about sending out results next year before the WY draw deadline? Seems like 3 business days wouldn't kill them and sure would make it a better experience for us (I know... me me me!!) since the backdoor is closed.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
So if you've drawn a deer or elk tag, you card should have already been hit? Or will those trickle out slowly? Any guesses?

mvrk28

WKR
So if you've drawn a deer or elk tag, you card should have already been hit? Or will those trickle out slowly? Any guesses?

I think trickle out slowly because I put in for an elk point and haven't been charged yet.