Colorado Draw Update Thread

fishslap

WKR
My patience is wearing thin. My odds of drawing my deer tag went way down based on the drawing recaps so now I'm really anxious to see what I drew. My second choice, which is usually viable, was drawn out on first choice. My fourth choice, which was also viable, was drawn out on second choice. First and Third choice are possible but odds went way down. I might have to get creative this year.

Bulldawg

WKR
Well point creep got me this year for deer even though they increased tags by 30%. Probably good cause I was worried about time being spent hunting elk and deer during archery, I should draw my elk tag unless something terrible happens. How did you guys come across these draw recaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robie

WKR
Hmm, the links don't make me feel any better. My app was 100% last year and now 80% this year.

Now the wait just got a little worse.

ORHunter

WKR
Well looks like I have a 95% chance of getting my deer tag......but that's a big 5% chance of getting skunked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Slim Jim

WKR
Not looking good for me on deer. Slight chance on first choice and zero chance on other choices.

WKR
Did you guys see this little nugget on their draw page?

[h=3]If you do not pay for your license by the deadline[/h]If we are unable to charge the credit card on file in your cpwshop.com account and you fail to pay for your license online, by phone, or at a CPW location by the deadline (BIG GAME: June 20, 2018),

• Your license is surrendered
  • You lose the license
  • You lose any and all preference points you used to draw that license.

talk about a kick in the goads! Not only will you lose your license, you will lose all your points. I predict a lynch-mob at the CPW if they actually do this.
Robby, Due to the new app system, guys with no money were applying for points and tags. If you played that game and can't pay for the tag, I am 100% for you losing all your points and the license. There should be a lynch mob if they don't do this actually. Tired of low life freeloaders.

oldgoat

WKR
I have a one in three chance I drew a cow moose, some non resident drew same tag with 3 and 0 points.

sndmn11

WKR
Our deer tag has historically taken 1 point with around a 50% chance to draw. Last year all res applicants for 1st choice was 2967, 1236 had no points. This year there was 2980, no points were 1244. At least for this instance, the fears of outrageous application numbers seem to be poppycock.

the moose and antelope apps doubled so no poppycock. Deer and elk will make their way slower then the others but the days of zero point tags and second choice deer tags are coming to an end. Still don't know why the stats are done and results didn't get posted

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
So not sure if this means anything but when i log onto CPW into my account and got yo my orders for deer i am showing the $3.00 payed for applying and $43 for elk with an option to pay my balance.

I’m assuming that is for my preference point and hoping that means success for deer.

Anybody else seeing this and have an opinion? Unless deer is just not processed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The NR odds on the hunt we applied for dropped by 25% compared to 2017.

akak510

FNG
My card was just hit by CO for elk. Haven't seen the deer amount come through yet.

oldgoat

WKR
Just gave myself a rush! We looking at my points and stuff and realized I hadn't applied for fall turkey points. So I applied, watching a movie, then I proceeded to check my email and there was a new email from cpw, already had totally forgotten that I just applied for turkey points! Adrenaline rush city then a massive crash!