Colorado Draw Update Thread

Has anyone else noticed that the draw recap reports CNelk linked all have dates from May in the top right corner?

Yes, and that's normal. Last year the draw recap report for deer was dated May 13th, this year it's dated the 14th. They do the draw well before they post results online.

I keep getting a busy signal when attempting to call. I'm guessing they either screwed something up or the email is incorrect, and now a gazillion people are calling in to get it corrected. I'll post back here when it's resolved.

same thing here. following to see what info you get back

sndmn11

WKR
I'm confused.

I only applied for elk and deer preference points. I received two emails last night (both pertaining to Elk), the first a receipt that looks like a successful credit card charge, and the second also a receipt that includes a "NEW TOTAL PRICE 40.00 USD" along with the following text:

So I log into the website and browse to my "draws" link, and it lists my Deer point application as "Entered" and my Elk point application as "Not Awarded" (probably because I didn't receive a tag, which is correct, given that I didn't apply for one). Next to the Deer Application section is a button that says "Pay Balance", which leads to where I can pay an extra $40 for the Deer application, but there is no such option for Elk, which makes no sense, given that I was led there to settle my debt for the Elk Point!

Have any of you received similar emails? I'll probably have to call in for clarification.

The $40 charge is because you didn't have a license last year.

Page 2 Preference Point Fee http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/RulesRegs/Brochure/BigGame/biggame.pdf

paulbybee

FNG
I'm confused.

I only applied for elk and deer preference points. I received two emails last night (both pertaining to Elk), the first a receipt that looks like a successful credit card charge, and the second also a receipt that includes a "NEW TOTAL PRICE 40.00 USD" along with the following text:

So I log into the website and browse to my "draws" link, and it lists my Deer point application as "Entered" and my Elk point application as "Not Awarded" (probably because I didn't receive a tag, which is correct, given that I didn't apply for one). Next to the Deer Application section is a button that says "Pay Balance", which leads to where I can pay an extra $40 for the Deer application, but there is no such option for Elk, which makes no sense, given that I was led there to settle my debt for the Elk Point!

Have any of you received similar emails? I'll probably have to call in for clarification.

I got the same two e-mails. I was going to call CDW today as well. My card is up to date. I double checked it yesterday, but I have not seen a charge on my credit card yet.

TexasCub

WKR
ok now i am nervous... my card has not been charged. or my CC has not updated. ...

I wouldn’t get too nervous, last night guys were posting CC hits and I wasn’t seeing anything and then I woke up this morning and had an email that I drew my muzzle loader tag. System is working in mysterious ways.

LaGriz

WKR
Johnboy,
I have the same two E-mails. I could not figure out how to navigate to a point where I could "Pay Balance" and I checked my credit card info and it all looks just fine. I dialed the provided number (800-244-5613) "if you need assistance" to pay and got a recording saying I have until June 20th to get this settled or I get no preference points. No instructions and no option to speak to a rep. Now what?

If anyone learns what to do please bring me up to speed. LaGriz

sndmn11

WKR
I got the same two e-mails. I was going to call CDW today as well. My card is up to date. I double checked it yesterday, but I have not seen a charge on my credit card yet.

▶ HOW IT WORKS. If you do not hold an active 2017 annual* or biggame
license, or do not receive a license through the draw for the
species, you will be charged $40 PER SPECIES (for deer, elk, pronghorn
and bear), for which you get a preference point. This fee applies to
residents and nonresidents, except for resident deer or pronghorn:
Residents getting deer or pronghorn preference points will be
charged only $30 for each of those. For example: If a nonresident
(who isn’t exempt from the fee) receives a point for all four species,
they will be charged $160. A resident would be charged $140.
▶ HOW TO AVOID IT. If you don’t want to pay the fee, you have until
March 31, 2018, to purchase a 2017 annual fishing, annual small
game, annual resident combination fishing and small game, or
resident senior fishing license. Customers are also exempt if they
held any big game license the previous year, or draw a license of the
same species as which they would be charged the point in the current
year.
* ANNUAL LICENSES INCLUDE: annual fishing, annual small game, annual
resident combination fishing and small game, or resident senior fishing
license. Any returned, refunded or surrendered licenses do not qualify.
▶ HOW WILL I BE CHARGED FOR IT? If you are required to pay the
preference point fee, it will be charged to the credit card you
have on file in your CPW account (see page 16) after the draw.
For example, if you're a resident who is not exempt from the fee
and apply for a deer license or preference point and do not draw,
you will be charged the $30 preference point fee after the draw.

Only one of our deer tags was charged so far, and I know we'll get two as the draw had them at leftover. Do not fret yet!
yah i am pretty confident. I just really cannot wait to see the tag. it seems silly getting this worked up over something i am fairly certain will happen. I am just really stoked to be taking my son on his first elk hunt and even moreso to be going on what will probably be one of the last great deer hunts with my father. I dont see him doing another out of state hunt after this. You never know but we have been kind of waiting to do this for awhile so right now i am like an 11 year old getting worked up for my first hunt. It is fun to have this much exitement about a hunt again.

Johnboy

WKR
Johnboy,
I have the same two E-mails. I could not figure out how to navigate to a point where I could "Pay Balance" and I checked my credit card info and it all looks just fine. I dialed the provided number (800-244-5613) "if you need assistance" to pay and got a recording saying I have until June 20th to get this settled or I get no preference points. No instructions and no option to speak to a rep. Now what?

I'm going to wait until next week to take any further action. My credit card is current and properly entered, so I'm just going chill for a few days and give things a chance to sort themselves out. I'll post back here with updates.

paulbybee

FNG
▶ HOW IT WORKS. If you do not hold an active 2017 annual* or biggame
license, or do not receive a license through the draw for the
species, you will be charged $40 PER SPECIES (for deer, elk, pronghorn
and bear), for which you get a preference point. This fee applies to
residents and nonresidents, except for resident deer or pronghorn:
Residents getting deer or pronghorn preference points will be
charged only $30 for each of those. For example: If a nonresident
(who isn’t exempt from the fee) receives a point for all four species,
they will be charged $160. A resident would be charged $140.
▶ HOW TO AVOID IT. If you don’t want to pay the fee, you have until
March 31, 2018, to purchase a 2017 annual fishing, annual small
game, annual resident combination fishing and small game, or
resident senior fishing license. Customers are also exempt if they
held any big game license the previous year, or draw a license of the
same species as which they would be charged the point in the current
year.
* ANNUAL LICENSES INCLUDE: annual fishing, annual small game, annual
resident combination fishing and small game, or resident senior fishing
license. Any returned, refunded or surrendered licenses do not qualify.
▶ HOW WILL I BE CHARGED FOR IT? If you are required to pay the
preference point fee, it will be charged to the credit card you
have on file in your CPW account (see page 16) after the draw.
For example, if you're a resident who is not exempt from the fee
and apply for a deer license or preference point and do not draw,
you will be charged the $30 preference point fee after the draw.

I agree with the rules that I will be charged $40. I am questioning the two e-mails. The first e-mail has a receipt that looks like my card was charged. Then I got an e-mail 3 hours later that says “Unfortunately we were unable to charge the Credit Card on file”. Last night I had an option to pay the balance when I access my account, but today I do not have the option to pay the balance.

Johnboy,

From my iPhone just now I was able to click the pay balance and pay the $40 left owed, I’m assuming if you don’t take it upon yourself to pay the points fee then come June 20th you won’t have points. Or at least not 1 more point. From what I gather you do have to pay it yourself, I had to re enter my credit card even tho they hit my exact same credit card last night for my elk tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weaver

WKR
My brother also received the 2 emails. Checked his credit card and the $40 charge is on there.
Not sure what to make of it. Probably call in next week and make sure everything is in order.

TexasCub

WKR
Can anyone explain how the option for leftover draw if unsuccessful works? My son shows not awarded for his elk draws but there’s no pref points awarded and were not clear on how this works? Is there a chance you get a chance at a tag from another unit?