Colorado Draw Update Thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I didn’t see this post up yet, let me know if it is and I’ll delete this one.

With all the changes to Colorado‘s draw system this year, seems like the back door won’t work anymore, and everything on their site at the link below says results will be posted June 4-8, but it doesn’t say which species will be first, like they have in other years. So post up anything you might know about it here and of course subscribe at thread tools if you want to be first to know what’s up.
Colorado Parks & Wildlife -
Draw Results and Preference Points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Pretty sure they come out in the order they are on the webpage where it gives all the dates of the draw and in same order they are in magazine, but for some reason, I think moose is first. Just monitor your email, starting the 4th

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Old goat, I did not see those dates on that link I posted, I’m on my phone so it’s such a small screen maybe I missed them. I hate waiting until June because it’s past the Wyoming deadline to apply of May 31, always loved to know the back door method so I wouldn’t waste an application in Wyoming and have conflicting hunts.

Edit: OK I scrolled further down the page and saw that June 4 through the 8. I liked it in previous years where they at least gave you an idea of each species post day rather than clumping it all together. However maybe they’ll just announce them all at once like most Western states do.

Maybe Ryan can hack in to their website with his super IT skills and create our own Rokslide back door method. Seems like one of our old sponsors tried that once ha ha

Last edited:

bz_711

WKR
I also don't like that the 2017 Population Estimates won't even be posted until after the 2018 draw is over...not that it would swing decisions much, much would sure be nice to factor in...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm bummed, as I won't be getting any refund checks this year from Colorado. It was always nice when those moose, sheep, and goat checks showed up, as I had already written those off and forgot about them. Now, it will be like getting kicked in the nads when they charge me for any tags. Oh well.......some seem to think change is a good thing.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
I'm bummed, as I won't be getting any refund checks this year from Colorado. It was always nice when those moose, sheep, and goat checks showed up, as I had already written those off and forgot about them. Now, it will be like getting kicked in the nads when they charge me for any tags. Oh well.......some seem to think change is a good thing.

I couldnt agree more, Not only did we have a chance. We had a built in hunting fund, when those checks came back every year the money was spent and I now had the funds ready to go for the fall.

sndmn11

WKR
?? Deer/elk results aren’t up yet unless I’m not seeing something

I meant nothing has changed. I am not seeing points change on my account, draws still say entered as opposed to awarded or not awarded, and I have gotten no emails like we saw for goat and sheep.

Just sitting here twiddling my thumbs staring st my email! Gunna be a long week!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I meant nothing has changed. I am not seeing points change on my account, draws still say entered as opposed to awarded or not awarded, and I have gotten no emails like we saw for goat and sheep.

Gotcha. Was getting all anxious I missed something

I am going nuts...and i have put in for what should be a sure thing so there really isnt much for me to be that anxious about. I just want to see it on my screen.

I am going nuts...and i have put in for what should be a sure thing so there really isnt much for me to be that anxious about. I just want to see it on my screen.

I’m riding in the same boat as you, the anticapayion is killin me!

Put in for a 1st rifle that was 100% draw odds, but since the change this year I'm over here bitting my nails hitting the refresh button.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I will have to say, the website is holding on pretty well considering we are all on it today!