Snake boots or snake chaps

You prefer Snake boots or snake chaps? Why? And what's the best of the best for chaps and boots.

Edit: I meant snake gaiters instead of chaps

Last edited:

N2TRKYS

WKR
For hunting, I prefer snakeboots(Lacrosse rubber snakeboots). For working in the woods, I always wore snake chaps(Rattler brand).

Btaylor

WKR
I have tried a chaps and didn't care for them. Went with lacrosse lace up snake boot first and they were just fine. When they wore out I switched to Irish setter snake boots and they have been great. Plan to switch to the lacrosse alpha burly snake boot when the Irish setters wear out only because of the amount of swampy places I hunt in where wading is required and cottonmouths are real common.

Billinsd

WKR
I use the turtle brand gaiters. They are lightweight, which means that they are best. They don't completely protect my foot as much as snake boots, but they are very safe. Chaps are too tall, cumbersome for me. Turtle gaiters are expensive is downside and they don't breathe, so my calves sweat. I feel very safe in them and I'm a big worrier. My kids wear them too. Snake boots are a wee bit safer and so are chaps, but much, much more uncomfortable.

Last edited:
OP
B
I use the turtle brand gaiters. They are lightweight, which means that they are best. They don't completely protect my foot as much as snake boots, but they are very safe. Chaps are too tall, cumbersome for me. Turtle gaiters are expensive is downside and they don't breathe, so my calves sweat. I feel very safe in them and I'm a big worrier. My kids wear them too. Snake boots are a wee bit safer and so are chaps, but much, much more uncomfortable.

Those are the gaiters I've been eying

OP
B
I have tried a chaps and didn't care for them. Went with lacrosse lace up snake boot first and they were just fine. When they wore out I switched to Irish setter snake boots and they have been great. Plan to switch to the lacrosse alpha burly snake boot when the Irish setters wear out only because of the amount of swampy places I hunt in where wading is required and cottonmouths are real common.

I've looked at the Irish setters. Chippewa too!

Out west I dislike both boots and chaps and wear guardz. Lighter, more comfortable and easy on & off. Handles cactus and such great...even boar tusks and quite affordable.

[video=youtube;hCo1bW9yNsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCo1bW9yNsc[/video]

OP
B
Out west I dislike both boots and chaps and wear guardz. Lighter, more comfortable and easy on & off. Handles cactus and such great...even boar tusks and quite affordable.

[video=youtube;hCo1bW9yNsc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCo1bW9yNsc[/video]

balls

jmez

WKR
I preferred the gaiters when I was in Tejas and hog hunting a lot. Boots were way too hot. Gaiters are much easier to take on and off as well when taking a break.

blackdawg

WKR
My snake boots are ok if it is flat. The long length kills me if any hills are involved, I find my gaiters getting most of the use the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk