Bullwinkle trashed my RAM

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Well after driving for more than 45 years I finally hit an animal. I've lived in rural areas most of my life and I've never hit a critter of any kind but this past Sunday I had a young bull moose run right in front of me. It was 10:30 on a dark stormy night and I had no time to hit the brakes or swerve. Nice young bull with about 6" of new antlers, he was completely busted up, all four legs broken and lots of signs of internal injuries, he was dead by the time I got out of the truck and checked on him. Truck is totaled, I love that truck, it's been a good vehicle for over 10 years.

DSCN0313.jpg

New truck is not a bad thing coming out if it ok is a good thing. Glad nobody got hurt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a full freezer. Sorry about the truck...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Did you load him up? I was in montana on a deer hunt last fall and hit a nice whitetail buck with my truck. Ended up bringing home two bucks that trip!!

OP
R

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
No, I didn't take the animal, I let the tow truck guy have him. The insurance company has already told me how much I'll get for the truck, it's enough for a nice down payment on a new truck or most of nice used truck.

I bet there is a Ranchhand or other 'cowcatcher' type bumper on the next truck........

I hit a herd of deer in Montana 2 years ago (killed 3), didn't total the truck but did $5000 damage. First parts ordered included a FabFour bumper.....

boom

WKR
glad you got out unharmed. glad you were in a truck!! if you were in a regular car..sheesh.

RIP moose!! better life next time.

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to hear you're ok.

Out of curiosity, may I ask about how fast you were driving at the time? Last November I saw an F150 moving at about 40mph hit a horse. The damage done to the truck was a lot worse than that.