SW Colorado Fire Restrictions

Jelf

FNG
Below is a link that will display a Google + GIS map for the 416 fire and Burro file. Full disclosure - I am the guy that produced the map. For info about the map, please click “Map tips” in the upper left corner.

There was an infrared overflight Monday night and new fire perimeters were determined by fire staff. The 416 fire has burned 23,378 acres and the Burro fire has burned 2,337 acres. The map displays this latest perimeter data.

I updated the explanation of the satellite hotspot data on the "Map tips" page). It is easy to misinterpret the hotspot data so please take a moment to read that short explanation.

Since the San Juan National Forest is closing I added the ‘proclaimed' boundary of that forest to the map.

If you zoom out on the following map then it will look better if you change the basemap. The button to change the basemap is next to the "Menu" button.

Map link

Poser

WKR
As of today, fire officials forecast a containment date of July 31 for the 416 Fire.
Monsoon season is expected to kick in early and be above average In Terms of moisture.

Tropical storm Bud is forecast to be a tropical depression in N NM by 12 am Sunday.

G

Colorado is looking FOR a tropical storm to pay them a visit, whereas we folks here in Louisiana hope to never see another one. Hope you guys get all the rain you need. I will be in units 78/81 the second week of October.

Last edited:
We got rain but not enough to put the fire out or put a dent in our drought. At least it didn't cause any mudslides in the burn area

ColoradoV

WKR
In the eyes of the usfs the rain was not enough and talk is that even more areas will follow the stage 3 that the San Juan put in place..

Or the heads of the Uncompahgre, Gunnison, San Isabel, Pike, and Rio Grande National Forests are getting ready to put stage 3 restrictions in place if we dont get rain. The forcast is for 10 days of dry weather with above average temps/wind..

I wonder what they will do for guys who drew tags as it looks like 1/3 of the state might close...

Anyone know what GMU Units are involved? I've looked at the maps in a couple of the replies here, but can't distinguish any of the areas. I checked the Colorado Game & Fish website, and can't find anything mentioned about closures.

Bulldawg

WKR
It's likely that even if they close down the forest that they will open up prior to hunting season as we start getting into the rainy season, well hopefully at least!

In the eyes of the usfs the rain was not enough and talk is that even more areas will follow the stage 3 that the San Juan put in place..

Or the heads of the Uncompahgre, Gunnison, San Isabel, Pike, and Rio Grande National Forests are getting ready to put stage 3 restrictions in place if we dont get rain. The forcast is for 10 days of dry weather with above average temps/wind..

I wonder what they will do for guys who drew tags as it looks like 1/3 of the state might close...