SW Colorado Fire Restrictions

Poser

WKR
Hell yeah! The climb on a bike is worth it just for the decent on the other side down to the horseshoe bend!!!

I’ve done it on my fatbike in the winter a couple of times, which was an absolute blast, but haven’t done it in summer conditions yet.

Poser

WKR
I'm planning on riding it tomorrow afternoon and will let you know how it is.
Sorry to derail the thread...

Sweet. I’m going to try and get up there early Sat because I’m expecting the Pass Traill to be extra crowded following the closure. If I’m feeling springy and there are no storms in sight after the Engineer descent, I’m going to do Columbine Lake Trail up in Silverton.

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
The unit I hunt isn’t currently closed, but I’m concerned about the additional summer traffic and otc hunters concentrating in the unit this fall due to their normal area being closed.

I was able to hike into some more remote areas earlier this week, just in case. The remaining snow was less than I generally find in September. Unless we get significant rain finding water to filter come September may be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Poser

WKR
Drove up to the high country for the first time since early Spring. It’s difficult to get a scope of the fire damage from 550, but damn impressive the work the firefighters did to save the homes. There are homes where the burn line is literally feet from the house.

Anyway, the San Juans are open for business, stunning as always and just as willing to dish out an ass whoopin’ as they were before the closure. Always leaves me to wonder how many high spirited, ambitious hunters have had their ambitions crushed and their souls broken by a mere 1/2 mile stretch of these mountains.

4d6035ef9b48d61bbd31636f605401ff.jpg

Last edited:
I’m pretty thankful to live here and have a job that allows me to be in the woods all summer and then give me the fall and winter off to hunt. I’d hate to have to travel here to hunt and have a few days to acclimatize and try to hunt. That’s gotta suck.