Keep It Public Conservation Campouts- Idaho and Montana

Schaaf

WKR
Hey guys, I’ve been meaning to let everyone on here know about these for a while. Over the next two weeks they'll be hosting a Conservation Campout in both Idaho and Montana. These are a fantastic way to put some sweat equity back into public land.
From the ones I've attended they are very informal and a great time for both kids and adults.

IDAHO- Juniper Thinning in Critical Sage Grouse Habitat
June 16-17

For this project we will use hand loppers to thin out western juniper. With modern fire suppression and the reduction of natural fire cycles, juniper has encroached upon sagebrush habitat, outcompeting bunchgrasses, forbs and sagebrush itself - all of which are important to grouse and many other species. The activity level will be whatever you feel comfortable with. It’s all helpful. Remember: a solid pair of boots and work gloves are highly recommended. All other tools and training will be provided.
After we’re finished working for the day we’ll move to our camping spot, get tents set up (or whatever you’re sleeping in), have some drinks, and grill up a wild game feast (teaser: we’ll have moose, elk and other wild game on hand, in addition to some standard fare). If you’re peckish or particular, please don’t hesitate to bring snacks/food/drinks of your own!
In the morning we’ll pack up, work a little bit more if the site needs it (or we’re eager), and then be on our way.

Sign-up: Google Drive -- Page Not Found
Full details: Google Drive -- Page Not Found

MONTANA-Habitat Restoration on the Charles M. Russell Wildlife Refuge
June 23-24

Come help us continue our work on the C. M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge. The CMR acquired new acreage through the Land & Water Conservation Fund, and there is still some old fencing the Fish & Wildlife Service needs to remove from wildlife corridors. After making significant progress during our 2017 campout in the CMR, we're excited to continue our habitat improvement work in the area. I will be bringing my trove of wild game to grill over the campfire that night as well.

Full details: Google Drive -- Page Not Found

If you are interested or have any questions, check out keepitpublic.org/events

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love the sweat equity idea. Going to keep an eye out for similar events near me.

Tglover

FNG
Schaff I just joined the forum and you have an item that I am interested in possibly purchasing. I can’t PM you yet or post in the classifieds so I thought I would try reply to this message and you see it. Please text or call me 501-730-8055. I know this is an old thread but it’s an item you have for sale now. If you don’t get this I will try to contact you on 8 days when admin allows it!😬 thanks