Denver area

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I will be flying into Denver from Michigan on July 8th for some training for a new job. I have never been there before and not sure what my training schedule will be but imagine I will have some down time in the ten days I will be there. I plan on stopping in at kifaru and no limits archery while I’m there.

Anyone have any suggestions on things to see or do. Interested in possible getting some training hikes in at elevation to see how I fair before my hunt this September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodson

FNG
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science has some great exhibits.
Wynkoop Brewery is a fun afternoon/evening watering hole.
It is a short drive to Boulder and there is great fly fishing in that area; the shops can get you set up for a half-day trip on first class waters for ~$300.
Rocky Mountain National Park has all the hiking you could ever want at elevations all the way up above 14k and is a short trip from Denver.

Have a good time.

JWP58

WKR
Colfax ave, you've never seen so many dope shop, hair weave stores, and hookers in yo life....

netman

WKR
Climb up Lookout mountain to the Buffalo Bill museum. Park in the parking lot at the bottom and go upwards.

If you want hikes at elevation, you’re close to a handful of 14ers that aren’t THAT tough to hike. Wait a couple days until your body acclimates and, if you have a full half day free, hike Gray’s Peak. Short drive from Denver and it’s a great training hike.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Drive up to Mt. Evans. The highest paved destination in the USA. Awesome !

2b972279e31a77f98a931a002e3a2401.jpg

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Definitely plan to stop in at 1shot gear. They have a small shop but your jaw will drop to the ground when you walk into there store. Think of the perfect hunting man cave and you will be there.

Redrocks for sure. if you go around 7-10 am on a Saturday you may catch a Rokslide posse there to work out with.

OP
S

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Flying out in the morning. Thanks for the suggestions.

OP
S

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Went to 1shot gear. Ended up buying a Sitka core heavyweight hoodie. Heading to mount Evans in the morning.