Ya gotta love Montana

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Snow at my house on 11 June.

DSC_2842.jpg

And I'd just finished mowing and trimming the grass two days before.

Snow at my house on 11 June.

View attachment 73616

And I'd just finished mowing and trimming the grass two days before.

It can always be worse. Yesterday in Glennallen, AK. Elevation 1,400’
e5f5dabfcbf8c47988668d3df4357b6d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Yup, that's the point, we have temps in the 70's one day, snow the next, and back up to the 70's the third day. It's not unexpected in Alaska but in the lower 48 it's not the norm.

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
Humidity is at 65% and supposed to be worse this weekend. Almost feels like August.

Ha I wish 65% was a bad day. Today feels pretty nice at 82* and 70% humidity! It will be 90* tomorrow around around 75%

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
That's funny. I grew up in Montana and lived there 30 plus years until we moved to Utah 4 years ago. People here in Utah talk about crazy weather changes with the standard saying, "Don't like the weather? Just wait a few minutes."... Four years later I am still waiting. Doesn't even compare to the crazy weather swings of good old MT. It snowed on my birthday in June many times. Never knew if I was swimming or sledding for my birthday party.

netman

WKR
I’m working on a move with my wife. If she seen this snow it would seal the deal unfavorably for me. So I’m keeping it to myself and bragging about green prairies abound with wildlife to her.

OP
R

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up in Arizona, was stationed in Yuma, and spent many years in the middle east so most of my life has been spent in the desert and I moved to Montana so that I would have 4 seasons and snow.

If you move to Montana then do us all a favor, don't come here and try to change it, if you move here do so to experience what Montana is, don't try to change it to what you left.

As for the weather, west of the divide is colder and wetter than the east side and it has mountains. Not to say that you wont have tough weather on the east side but a good example is that in the summer I will have temps in the 80's during the day at my house and 20 miles to the east, just over the divide, Helena will have temps int he 90's or higher.