Opinions needed

SeanC

FNG
Looking for a place to vacation in Colorado in July. We normally pull the utv up and camp for a week or 2 between pagosa springs and wolf creek pass. With the current drought conditions doesn't look like that will be happening this year so I'm looking for somewhere to bring the family to camp,fish,hike,explore, and sight see. My kids look forward to this all year and I'm willing to venture out of Colorado if need be just wanna get to the mountains and out of this Texas heat for a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly might be to early to make plans for anywhere. Every state seems to have a pretty big fire burning somewhere right now

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I would just play it by ear for now. I live here and that's what I'm doing. Day to day decisions based on what's going on around the state. We knew it would be a bad fire year. Hoping some of that moisture from that hurricane makes its way up here.

OP
SeanC

SeanC

FNG
5MB I'm sure living up there you get used to dealing with wildfires but I can't imagine how stressful it would be hope ya'll get some much needed rain soon

5MB I'm sure living up there you get used to dealing with wildfires but I can't imagine how stressful it would be hope ya'll get some much needed rain soon

That and the hail storms. One tore through the Springs a couple nights ago and totaled some of my coworkers' cars. Hopefully everyone from Rokslide made it out with no damage.

It is really wet in the PNW right now. We have had good rain again this week. Cascade mountain range might be okay until we get to August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

541hunter

WKR
Oregon is pretty damn dry right now. It's going to be a bad fire season. Locally they declared fire season a lot earlier than in the past. Oregon especially southwest and eastern Oregon burns every year. Usually campgrounds here stay open all fire season long. If you come to visit please just be super paranoid about being fire mindful. If you think your camp fire is out hit a second, third, and fourth time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
You could come up to Wyoming, we are dry but not extreme.

Don't give up just yet on Colorado though. Good rains are forecast for the weekend and next week. Monsoon rains could change everything. Watch the weather up here next 7 days and see what develops.

The Snowy Range has beautiful scenery, roads and trails for your utv and fishing for you and the kids.
We do have a fire burning right at the border with Colorado, but it is not affecting the forest to the north. Rains are in our forecast late weekend too.