Back country coffee first ascent vs dark timber

Gorp2007

WKR
Anyone find one with an integral creamer??

The Starbucks Vias have some that include creamer and flavoring, Caramel and Mocha come to mind but there are others as well. I don't know if they have any that are just straight coffee and creamer, but you could buy some small craft bags at Walmart and put single servings of dry creamer in there yourself if you wanted to.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Anyone find one with an integral creamer??

The only creamer I'll use is milk or 1/2 and 1/2. I took several 1/2 and 1/2 containers in a ziplock one year, and every one of them exploded with the altitude so I had a ziplock full of 1/2 and 1/2. Now I just drink it all black on pack-in hunts.

OP
J

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Since most everyone was talking about how bad dark timber is, I’m going to order first ascent and I’ll post when it comes in and how it is. I’ll let y’all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texag10

WKR
I love Dark Timber packs. I drink very strong black coffee that's $16/lb and brewed in a pour over at home, so most would call me a coffee snob. I just used less water and make sure to constantly bob the pack for 4-5 minutes. It's not as strong as at home but it's good and I don't feel the need to add anything to it. I will typically make it in my tent as I'm getting up and getting ready or when I'm out glassing.