How are you all deleting your threads/posts?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders,
this will seem funny as we own the site, but I don't know what to tell members on how to delete their own threads and/or posts. Our admin steps are completely different.

Any of you willing to help me and a few other members out by posting up how you delete your threads or posts? Screenshots would be great if you're able, but whatever you can help us out with.

Thanks ahead of time....

Clarktar

WKR
I go to edit thread, then there is a box to check for delete.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
if you created the tread there is an "administrative tab" on the top right with the "thread tool" "search thread" ect,

Brendan

WKR
To my knowledge it's only possible in the classifieds, not other forums, at least the way I've been doing it.

There's an "Administrative" dropdown at the top of the thread, with "Delete Thread" as an option. That shows up for my classified listings, but not for threads I've started elsewhere on the board.

There is a separate "Delete Post" option through "Edit Thread"

From the Classifieds:

i-7RKkTjr-XL.jpg

From the Archery Forum, No "Administrative" dropdown:

i-hTv2bf8-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some screenshots of how to do it on tapatalk. Click the three dots on the upper right hand corner
15cba03889224bb00e2f3c348e81cbd2.jpg
them moderate and you can delete it
7c1c55171dba28d05a29fdfcd5f4ad40.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Quick follow-up from the above post: Same as through my web browser, I can use Tapatalk to delete in the classifieds, but not elsewhere I checked.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure in lieu of a job most would trade you the information provided for a couple waypoints on your gps.

Sure! Here’s one N 38.67’43” W 119.55 55’ 49”. It’s good spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncstewart

WKR
I only use phone and Tapatalk so for me it says cant delete. I just edit and put .... That’s the redneck way!

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I only use phone and Tapatalk so for me it says cant delete. I just edit and put .... That’s the redneck way!

Yes, the TapTalk path is for upgraded users, mine is locked. You used to click EDIT on listing and delete. That went away and I do not see the Admin tab either...WTH

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can actually delete responses through tapatalk now, doesn’t allow me to delete a thread started by me though.
bcff692f098e3d9e1e1e16a91263b55c.jpg

aea9385c89b0fb15ce1d6db50a1536e6.jpg

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
No can do....not paying Taptalk more money because Rokslide eliminated this path. Let the posts pile up!

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
??? I’m not a premium or pro whatever tapatalk user.
When I click Moderate a Delete tab is nowhere to be found. Should not even have to use your phone....should have remained a Rokslide feature. Seems to me we are continually reminded to delete old posts and now it is impossible or at least invisible.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I click Moderate a Delete tab is nowhere to be found. Should not even have to use your phone....should have remained a Rokslide feature. Seems to me we are continually reminded to delete old posts and now it is impossible or at least invisible.

? I just deleted the above quoted post from the website not tapatalk. Chrome browser if that helps.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
e17875e374bb715c097e12d18882100c.jpg

Maybe you’re not logged in and that doesn’t show?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

What are you trying to delete? Post? Thread? On Tapatalk or full site?

Stwrt9

WKR
I'm not seeing the delete thread option anymore on the full site for classified listings, something changed as I was able to last week but now it's not an option.