What does your season look like?

Jimbob

WKR
Man draw time sure is exciting. My 10 yr old son pulled a goat tag for an area that is an hour drive from the front door. Can actually see the mountain range from the house. Also we pulled a shared Bull moose tag for an area 2 hours away. So this is what my season is looking like:

Spring Bear - my son Josh (10 yrs old) got a nice bear already
Stone sheep - General season SOLO hike in, two weeks from July 30th-Aug 13th
Goat Hunt - Josh has the tag so he is the trigger man 7 days August 17th -24th
Moose hunt - back to work so only weekends from mid September till mid November

Any of your draws out and what does your season look like?

Unfortunately don't get to go west for big game this year

Spring Turks- skunked, saw tons weeks before and didn't get a single gobble all season, saw 1 hen.

NC deer in November/ December

Hope to focus more on rabbits in NC as well this fall

Going to Oklahoma with a buddy to get some ducks in January

Pretty tame, on the plus side hoping to do a lot more offshore fishing this year, going to down to the Bahamas in a couple months to try to hook a monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
I can't pull off a big trip this year. Daughter is in last year of Nursing School. Not to mention I didn't draw what I was hoping for in tags.

I'll flyfish the Yellowstone area in July. Hunt Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia for Whitetail. I can hunt those for states within an hour of my house.

Oregon

WKR
When my state finally posts results, I’ll have a game plan. Should draw my mule deer and have enough points to draw bighorn. Sarcasm, but applying for 20 years plus, I just know it’s my year!
Played mule and spotter the previous 2 years for buddies. I’m running out of buds, so I have to draw!
OTC Roosevelt elk for sure in Nov, and OTC Idaho deer in mid Oct.
killing a ton of ducks and chukar inbetween and after.

CorbLand

WKR
Help a buddy with a Bull Elk tag -Mid Sept
My Muzzleloader Deer Tag -End Sept to First Part of Oct.
Fiance Rifle Deer Tag -End of Oct.

Hoping I dont draw a cow elk tag in there but we will see.

Fatcamp

WKR
Gonna be tight. My wife is a new professor and I'm in nursing school.

Antelope-October
Whitetail-November
Elk cow-December, find out Friday
Mule deer archery X 2-September through December
Committed to filling tags, but it is a hard sell with my wife at the moment.

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
Spring bear is already done and I arrowed a big chockolate bruin. Next up will be early September for a solo bowhunt in the Canmore bow zone for ewe sheep specifically as I’ll pull that draw but ram is open on a general tag as are elk and both species of deer. Then some upland, waterfowl, elk and deer hunting as I please until early December when I’ll have a cow moose tag.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
A moose in December and a few caribou at some point.

Pretty boring season for me, moving to a new town, new job etc etc so I need to have fairly modest goals for this season.

Highlight is a two week, Colorado archery elk hunt in September.
Deer here after that through December with bow, gun, and muzzle loader. One couple week rut hunt thrown in with bow and gun

Wisconsin deer...sept-dec
Wisconsin black bear...sept
Kodiak blacktail with my dad...oct/nov
Plus alot of pheasant hunting with my GWP

Looking forward to good times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
Archery Elk in Colorado then Whitetails in Texas after that. Hopefully draw some other hunts in Texas like axis and aoudad but won’t know until September

S.Clancy

WKR
3 day archery antelope August 17-20
5 day backpack archery elk hunt Sept 1-5
Two 3 day backpack hunts rifle elk in October
10 day mule deer hunt late November

Plus at least bird or big game hunting hunting every other weekend not mentioned above from Sept until bird seasons close in January.

Had an away from home hunt planned with tags purchased already, with the thought that I would not draw any tags at home here in Saskatchewan. Well, turns out I drew elk and mule deer at home so right now it looks like this:

Elk hunting home and away.
Helping my Dad wth his moose tag.
Mule deer with a good buddy, archery early if we can swing it between elk hunts, if not we will go rifle hunting in November.
Weekend whitetails where it fits.
Pretty awesome looking season, I hope I can find the time to really settle in to each hunt and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
New Mexico Antelope
Colorado Muzzleloader Antelope
Texas Alligator
Wyoming Antelope with a buddy that hasn’t killed one, so burned my points to get him a tag
Colorado Mule Deer 3rd rifle
Hopefully a Utah Cow Elk tag in the San Juan Elk Ridge
Try squeezing in a day trip here and there to chase blue quail and shoot some hogs and deer in South Texas around the Holidays.

My wife is a very understanding woman, but late September/early October might test that a little bit.

NV HUNTER

WKR
Heading to Montana with my brother and meeting our uncle to hunt elk and deer. We got skunked in Nevada and Utah. Pretty excited for the trip. It's going to be my wife and daughter and my brother his wife and 2 kids and our mom spending the week of thanksgiving there.

Tag_Soup

WKR
Should be more tags than I can fill again this season!
Spring bear season was fun with several bears sighted, but couldn't get any to grow except one really nice color phase sow with three little cubs. Hopefully fall will be more productive on the bruins!

I struck out in CO and NV this year, so should be able to plan a good mule deer hunt in at least one of those states next year!

Start with helping a buddy on an antelope hunt unless I draw early rifle antelope in Idaho or my buddy draws an early mule deer in Idaho
OTC Archery Idaho mule deer unless I draw limited entry mule deer archery. (Sept 1-9)
Washington OTC Archery Elk opens sept. 9, so hopefully I will tag out in ID with a little time to travel. Probably only 4 days to spend on this one - Still waiting on WA draw results so could get lucky on big 3 or an early elk draw
Idaho OTC archery elk will be the focus for the remainder of september until the 25th. Everything above goes out the window if I draw my limited entry bull tag in idaho.
Utah ML deer will fill out September and the first couple days of October.
After that, its filling a general/second deer tag in idaho and focusing on fall bear until november.
Washington General Archery Deer in November or if lucky limited entry late archery deer.
Finish out weekends through end of november focusing on late archery deer in idaho or maybe try for a cougar if I am mostly tagged out on everything else in my pocket.
Remainder of winter will be spent doing upland and waterfowl.

I will probably eat more tags than I fill, but hopefully I end up with a nice full freezer this year :)

Bad draw year for me...haven't pulled any awesome tags yet.
hunts planned:
NV antelope,
WY antelope...will draw it tomorrow
whitetails all fall in several spots
OTC coues in AZ

This will be a pretty mundane year for me I'm afraid. With the exception of my sons DCUA sheep tag, which I'm super excited about, my only hunt will probably just be a Pennsylvania whitetail bow. If I'm able to work the little lady just right, I might be able to slip down to Kodiak for another goat hunt, but I promised her last year that I would take a year off, so I'm probably screwed for goat hunting this year.