What does your season look like?

All in CO

Archery Pronghorn Buck
Gonna try to bring the wife and one year old. Just watch from the truck. We shall see how that goes . . .

Muzzle-loader Elk Bull
Gonna hit this hard. Should have my brother for the first weekend and my dad is flying in from Florida for the last 4 days. Planning on backpacking in with my dad.

1st Season Rifle Elk Cow
Annual elk camp. Trying to help some buddies get their first elk. Buying a wall tent for this hunt, and others.

3rd Season Rifle Deer Buck
Hunting with my brother, his wife, and a buddy. I'm just looking for anything legal.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Shaping up to be a great season

Aug 18- 7-14 day fly in stone sheep/goat/moose/mountain caribou. Be the first backpack hunt for my 12 yr old, See how he does could go as long as 14 days. Really excited about just the 2 of us in BC mountains for 2 weeks!!

Sept 1-7 Chasing bull elk with archery equipment

Sept 20-30 Second fly in trip for sheep/goat/moose/mountain caribou.

Rest of the season chasing animals around home with the boy till it closes. Hoping for 40 plus days hunting this yr while having a full time job is pretty epic I think. Good luck to all.

two months from now we start with antelope and I wont get much rest until mid november after my third season deer. In between i have colorado archery, california archery, california general rifle and.........maybe oregon ....sheep...I know this is the year..... :)

mproberts

WKR
August - Alaska - Archery/Rifle Caribou (try to get it done with the bow, switch to a buddy's gun if I can't)
September - New Mexico - Archery Bull Elk (finally won a good tag)
October - Virginia - Archery Deer + Ducks (work brings me there for most the month)
November - Wisconsin - Archery Deer
December/Jan - Undecided - All about the Ducks

ncstewart

WKR
AZ elk
AR deer
WY antelope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hammer08

FNG
Traveling west for a few weeks to chase Elk with my bow. Then whitetail and black bear in my home state. Archery whitetail in Ohio as well.

BuzzH

WKR
Just another ho-hum season...

Annual 3-day fish killing trip to Kodiak in August.

Then, 3 elk tags in Wyoming, 2 buck pronghorn, 2 buck deer, bear, and lion. Have a NR Native Montana deer tag too, cant pass an OTC half price NR deer tag.

My Dad, Brother, and Nephew all drew special deer permits in Montana, will help them on that hunt.

Pending long shot odds: deer and Rocky Mountain Bighorn (already killed a desert) in Arizona, some stuff in Texas, and a few super raffles.

Enough to stay busy, but far from too much.

Now that I'm finally able to confirm that I drew no special permits/tags in Washington, I can share this year's hunting plans with you.
My son and I both drew multi-season deer permits, so we will be out any time we can, using whatever method is open, to try and find a good mule deer buck.

August and perhaps the first week of September will be committed to final scouting trips and trying to find a bear. I really want to shoot a BIG bear using spot and stalk with archery equipment.

September
- 1st, archery deer opens, I may try to get out opening weekend to stretch the legs and see what's moving around.
- 8th - 12th, my son and I will be chasing archery elk in the remote regions of WA.
- On the 13th, I'll jump on a plane for Anchorage, and from there to a remote lake accessible by float plane, where I'll be hunting moose with friends and family, from the 16th - 22nd in Unit 16B.
- 29th, muzzleloader deer opens, and we'll definitely be out that weekend and the next, trying to locate a good buck.

October
- 13th - 15th, we'll be out trying to find a big buck with our rifles.
- 19th - 23rd, back into the hills for a buck.

From November 21st - December 8th, there are various archery deer and elk seasons, as well as muzzleloader deer seasons open where we'll be back out trying to fill any remaining tags. I'll have the entire week of Thanksgiving off and will be focused on a big mule deer buck if I still have an unfilled tag.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
July- Preseason Scouting in Colorado
August- DIY Archery Elk in Colorado (List B OTC)
September- Guided Archery Elk in Colorado (Bull Tag OTC)
November- DIY Rifle Elk in Montana

topher89

WKR
Tough on tags this year for me but ended up with...

Rifle Antelope in October, doe tag.
3rd season Deer, doe tag
Private land Cow tag that is good Sept-Jan

Will try to pick up a late season antelope tag for December and possibly another deer tag if possible. Those Colorado B-tags do have their advantages.
Grouse, rabbits, ducks and pheasants whenever possible!

UtahJimmy

WKR
UT Archery Elk OTC Bull & Cow - Aug-Dec
UT Rifle Deer - Late Oct (wife also has same tag)
CO Rifle Deer - Nov (3rd season)

Helping my buddy with WY antelope

Still awaiting results:
UT Rifle Doe Pronghorn for me and wife - Aug
UT Rifle Cow for my wife - Dec/Jan

I'm happy enough with my fall...

Gila elk tag for the first half of Sept.
Archery muley for NM unit 36(I've got no problems shooting a forky on the edge of town :cool: )
Have at least 2 trips to Texas planned to hopefully kill a few WT for the freezer(one in October, one in November)
Javelina Jan - March.
Thinking really hard about trying some OTC Barbary here in NM too. I want to kill one real bad, but not sure if I can handle the cliffs they live in.

And there's always a few bird hunts scattered about too.

willidru

WKR
Sept - CA OTC backpack Blacktail and Black bear
Nov - CO 3rd rifle season Mule Deer and Elk
Dec/Jan - Ducks, Ducks, Ducks

Btaylor

WKR
Put in for a gator tag today but dont really expect to draw it. Other than that, 6 tags for whitetails and OTC CO elk.

Archery Elk hunting with the wife for opening week in Oregon.
Then heading to Wyoming for 2 months of guiding for Elk and Deer.
Finishing it off deer hunting 3rd season with 5 of my buddies in Colorado.

bobinmi

WKR
September: squirrels, Fall: Whitetail. My western hunt got cancelled for the year because my F***ing drainfield failed. This is all subject to change if I draw my Michigan Bear or Elk.

Scott/IL

Lil-Rokslider
Aug-Cali blacktail
Sept- ID muley and elk
Oct-Dec- IL whitetails
Jan-Hoping to pull off another coues hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk