Idaho Deer/Elk/Antelope Draw Results

Broomd

WKR
Salty... yeah!

I don’t care how they ‘draw’ the tags. But can we start the process earlier? How about February or March? Finding out in July that you drew a hunt that starts in August is retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree.
Alaska and others states' draws allow many months for getting hunt plans together, while Idaho allows a fraction of that time for literally a once-in-a-lifetime hunt opportunity. For those of us in-state, it isn't as crucial, but for the non-residents fortunate enough to draw, it's a logistical nightmare.
The 'earlier draw' and 'faster results' will be something I posit to ID F&G as constructive comments.

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Agreed. I hate to wait so long to find out that I was a "lucky donor" to the Idaho F&G, once again. It's great that they always send me a nice receipt for my "donation" to them as the draw ALWAYS seems to reconfirm my luck.
I explain it best as...…

"IF THERE WERE 4 PRIZES AND ONLY 3 TICKETS...…… I STILL WOULDN'T WIN!!!!!"

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. I hate to wait so long to find out that I was a "lucky donor" to the Idaho F&G, once again. It's great that they always send me a nice receipt for my "donation" to them as the draw ALWAYS seems to reconfirm my luck.
I explain it best as...…

"IF THERE WERE 4 PRIZES AND ONLY 3 TICKETS...…… I STILL WOULDN'T WIN!!!!!"

Hahahahah. I once applied for a hunt that posted 92% odds of drawing, and I ended up in the 8%. Then another time I drew a hunt that only had 7% odds. Just keep playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Hahahahah. I once applied for a hunt that posted 92% odds of drawing, and I ended up in the 8%. Then another time I drew a hunt that only had 7% odds. Just keep playing.

When I was guiding in Wyoming as a non-resident I had to try and draw. I had one hunter hunt with me 5 years straight as he drew and all I could do was enjoy guiding. I drew one time in a 95% success rate area, in 10 years!

When I was guiding in Wyoming as a non-resident I had to try and draw. I had one hunter hunt with me 5 years straight as he drew and all I could do was enjoy guiding. I drew one time in a 95% success rate area, in 10 years!

Wow! That is staggering!

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
I think with all this trouble it's just not worth applying in Idaho. Everyone should just give up on it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ORHunter

WKR
This thread's been pretty quiet today. Any rumors? Fingers crossed for tomorrow or Friday!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Due to work this is the first year I didn't put in for a controlled hunt. Kind of glad as I would be bouncing off the walls by now!

Mtnboy

WKR
I'm betting the 10th if we're lucky, wouldn't be surprised to see it take longer...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

freebird

WKR
Yes logging in seems to be taking longer, but I figure cause everyone is trying to log in also. But finally got in and still the same results.