Fallback plan for cow elk anywhere?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't get my elk or antelope tags and the hunt I 'd hoped for in northeast is likely not happening.

So now I am looking for a cow elk hunt,archery or rife, and trying to do so fairly early- say in Sept to mid October. Wyoming has some leftover tags but most of these are private lands or tough to access areas. I do have a lead on a possible trespass fee hunt in Wyoming but I'll have to knock on a door or two and not super confident that I will get a yes.

I am open to pretty much any area now since my other plans fell through. I would like to fish some also but other than that I am pretty open minded. Some states (other than Wy) still have left over tags but many of these are allocated to those that applied earlier and did not draw.

Looking for suggestions for a meat elk hunt. I don't need accommodations or guide services but would certainly consider any cancellation or alternate hunts if it makes sense.

Thanks!

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given recent events-I would ask that any info to be sent via a PM-even thought I am not looking for anything about a unit or specific area.

Thanks so much!