Stir the pot....Sasquatch

Totally just starting a conversation people. Not trying to hurt any feelings or start a skeptic war lol. For real though what do y’all think. Anyone have any story they’d like to share or anything weird that’s happened to them in the woods? I’m in Colorado currently and I don’t know lots of country to hide in.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had something follow me once for about 3 miles while elk hunting in NM. I couldn’t get a clear view of it because of the thick trees but I kept seeing movement through the trees with the light at the top of the ridge.

It was probably just a bear, the only thing though that always pops out in my mind is that in areas where I got out of the trees to cross scree fields, whatever was above me was knocking lots of rocks down towards me, not like throwing rocks but whatever was up there wasn’t trying to not knock rocks off.

Also, all the black bears I ever encountered in NM always absolutelynhauled ass away from me, usually to the point all you would see was a black blur flying by.

Now that I think back though, to enforce the idea that whatever followed me was a bear, that year there were lots of bear encounters, one even dragged a lady out of her tent. I forget why but something to do with a short winter or not enough food for them I don’t really remember. What I do remember was a pretty scary hike.

KSP277

WKR
I’ll never buy into it until there’s a dead one on a tailgate.

Perception is reality.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
I saw one and I wasn't even drinking! Fifteen years or so ago I took my son and girlfriend to Fort Bragg California for the weekend and we rode the "Skunk Train" to Willits. Half way through the trip we went through an area that opened up into a meadow with a creek and there was a Bigfoot that was drinking from the creek. As soon as it saw the train it stood up and quickly walked into the tree line.
The thing was, it looked like a young one and looked like some of the pics of Bigfoot that you see on the internet but in a 100 pound package. A few people besides my group saw it and we were scratching our heads wondering what the heck. I personally think it was someone dressed up in a bigfoot outfit though and possibly trying to get a sighting reported to drum up more local business. Pretty cool but there was just something off about the whole thing, well besides seeing a Bigfoot of course.

gabenzeke

WKR
With the proliferation of trail cameras and all the people jumping into backcountry hunting, there's just no way they exist. Someone would have a trail cam picture, a carcass, or bones.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

there are too many cameras in the woods. big hairy animals leave hair around. DNA, photo evidence, bones...??? IF ANYTHING pops up to support the existence I would look at it with an open mind. Until then....they dont exist.

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
All you need to do to really get people looking for them is to start issuing tags for them. I promise everyone will start applying for bigfoot tags just to stay ahead of the point creep that is sure to follow. Could be the new mint for funding several of the western game and fish depts.

My BIL got denied hunting access to some mountain land outside of Wilkesboro NC (think “Moonshiners”) bc the landowner claimed a family of Bigfoot’s/bigfeet? Occupied the woods. Claimed they fed em and saw em often, and that all the neighbors did too.

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
All you need to do to really get people looking for them is to start issuing tags for them. I promise everyone will start applying for bigfoot tags just to stay ahead of the point creep that is sure to follow. Could be the new mint for funding several of the western game and fish depts.

This is sound like a bit coin scheme. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncstewart

WKR
Hunters spend lots of time out at night and low light times. People see things they not sure of or can’t explain. So we have fun stories! Folk lore nothing new and also is fun around a camp fire. Makes your 5am walks to the stand a little faster also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
My BIL got denied hunting access to some mountain land outside of Wilkesboro NC (think “Moonshiners”) bc the landowner claimed a family of Bigfoot’s/bigfeet? Occupied the woods. Claimed they fed em and saw em often, and that all the neighbors did too.

Thats not surprising coming out of Wilkes! My family has a place little west of Mount Airy. Be lying if it hadn't crossed my mind slipping down from the deer stand in the dark.