Creative ways to hang heads

chasewild

WKR
I'm not complaining, but I need a solution to a growing problem. The remaining space in my house is reserved for those life-time animals -- assuming I'm lucky enough to draw, and even luckier to take one, or two, or more. So, the question is what to do with those great animals that I want to hang, tastefully, but don't want to mount.

I don't want to just hang a bunch of heads/horns on the walls of my garage hap hazard. Has anyone done anything cool with hanging heads on beams or from the ceiling?

Any ideas out there? Photos would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

colonel00

WKR
I use Skull Hookers and DIY my Euro mounts. It's pretty easy to do a Euro mount. I just bury the skull in the garden in the fall, cover it so it doesn't fade, and usually by spring, it's clean as a whistle with a little soaking and soap. Then just bleach and seal it with Elmer's glue.

Just to add, I have a raised garden so I cover it with chicken wire to keep critters from chewing on the antlers which usually stick out of the ground. I also cover it with black trash bags. This shields it from the sun but also keeps the soil below warm in the winter to keep the helpful bugs active.

AT Hiker

FNG
Trophy Tree is nice, it made use of a corner in my house.
24ebb67bb76be65bacd8d7d3b8589513.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker,

Where did you get that trophy tree? Pretty neat idea. Think I'll make something similar but use wood instead of metal. Maybe an old rustic fence post with some hooks attached.

Gritty bowmen had a guy on that invented something that sounded cool. Let me see if I can find it.

Fitzwho

WKR
It’s acrylic rod. Used a torch to heat it where I wanted it to bend, bend it and let it cool and it holds its shape. I then just attached what is essentially a small frame bracket (flat piece of metal with 2 holes about 1/2” wide and 2” long) attached with a small screw into the rod. This acts as the hook for the skull.

rlmmarine

WKR
It’s acrylic rod. Used a torch to heat it where I wanted it to bend, bend it and let it cool and it holds its shape. I then just attached what is essentially a small frame bracket (flat piece of metal with 2 holes about 1/2” wide and 2” long) attached with a small screw into the rod. This acts as the hook for the skull.

I really like that idea and I'm going to start using it if you don't mind, if you have a chance post a picture with the skull removed
My hats off to you for a great idea

Fitzwho

WKR
I’m out of town at the moment. Don’t have another picture with me. I’ll get one when I get back to town. Don’t mind you using it... But if you start selling it, send me $5 bucks each. ;)

Fitzwho

WKR
I really like the idea of Skullhooker’s trophy tree. I have an idea for acrylic rod that would do sort of the same thing, haven’t got it to work as of yet though. If I can get the mounting portion to work properly, my plan is to then figure out a way to mount it hanging down from the ceiling. I wouldn’t want my 17 month old pulling over a bunch of euros on top of her. Either the ceiling mount or a half height sort of thing to let it sit on a counter with a bad and still hold 2-3 heads (Trophy Bush?).

crazyhunter

Banned
Hello, This is just something that my Fiance and I actually have mentioned. Now I'm no longer seeking to begin a debate approximately hunting, etc., I'm simply curious how u hunter brides and/or brides who have FI’s that hunt, are handling those sorts of matters.