Utah senator Mike Lee - attacking Public Lands

Beendare

WKR
Well its easy to see how much backpacking, hiking or hunting he does by his comment;

He said he plans to leave current monuments and national parks intact, but wants a new "Homestead Act" to free up "ordinary land just sitting there" for other public purposes, such as affordable housing, schools, medical clinics and research.

ORDINARY LAND JUST SITTING THERE! Wow.

He compared our open spaces to 'Feudal England where the rich play'....what a bunch of horse puckey.

This guy won't be happy until Utah is wall to wall houses like in SoCal......

CorbLand

WKR
This guy won't be happy until Utah is wall to wall houses like in SoCal......

Its amazing how many Utahans think this way as well. Apparently success is measured by the amount of houses being built a month.

TJ

WKR
Article says Lee is on the short list for a Supreme Court nominee.

That's a scary thought. This lame brain a Supreme Court Justice!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbflyer

WKR
I use to agree with Sen. Lee’s thinking until the Nature Conservancy started gobbling up state land in my small community in SE AK. Now I have to side with my more progressive friends on this, even though most of them would like to see the whole country a National Park which I would not. I’d hate to see this happen with federal land. Once those folks get title, it’s theirs to do with as they see fit, including selling it to another private entity or individual, regardless of the promises made in the name of local support in “pitching” their plans. First thing they did here was ban ATV use on their newly acquired lands, even after their statement to the public was status quo.

I speak from limited experience on public land as a Texan, but I can promise you that the transfer of lands to the state will only mean less land available to the general public and more land available to the wealthy. Sure, it could boost the economy, but that is short term when you look at the grand scheme. If folks like this have it their way, in a matter of 100 years the wildlife of this country will become a novelty.

bsnedeker

WKR
It is amazing to me how actively certain people in this country are looking to find ways to destroy the unique things about this country that make it such an incredible place to call home.

netman

WKR
I just googled “contact senator mike Lee”
I went to the link and filled out the form with my information and my concerns.
I asked him to become a friend and protector of public lands and not the enemy.
I wrote that us hunters fisherman and outdoorsmen are taking notes and will vote accordingly.
His position is temporary and not permanent.
I suggest everyone get busy.

elkduds

WKR
This is just another idiot making noise that WILL NOT happen

Thanks for settling that, one less thing to worry about. NOT!

Whether you think this (or any) attack on public lands is frivolous or not, for Smokey's sake tell your legislators you value public lands in public hands. Tell them often. Have your friends tell them. Join groups that advocate for public lands, today, and pitch in. I like RMEF, TRCP, BHA, Nature Conservancy, there are others to fit any ideology. Don't split hairs (divided we fall), pick the groups that represent your views and cooperate w others to STOP PLT.

R_burg

WKR
Interesting timing on this thread. I was just reading about Don Peay and didn't know how much power he now wields.

I do think what the senator from Utah brings up is an issue for hunters and people who wildlife and shouldn't be brushed aside.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
we have a similar idiot running for a Senate seat in Montana, a Maryland land developer that has a documented history of supporting the selling off public lands- the scary thing is he beat out a half dozen candidates in the primary

that this Utah guy is a tool shouldn’t make us relax any, that’s what they’re hoping we do

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Lee is an ass hat along with the majority of our other Gov Officials voted in by the sheep here in UT. They are 100% focused on entitlement and $$ and this will not change until the status quo majority here is unbalanced by the continued influx of non-natives. Can't wait for the day....

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone knows there's only 100 senators, right? As others have mentioned, he is on a short list for the US Supreme Court! This is not a drill, this is not something to be ignored!

Post on his Twitter Twitter
Call him 202-224-5444
Facebook Mike Lee - Home | Facebook

Let him know in every shape and form that you disagree with these bills. BHA is on it, TRCP is on it, we need to show up too! I guarantee you if Utah shows some success with this other Western states will try as well.

While I do agree with you, I will continue to voice my opinion on this anytime a bill is introduced.

I would surely hope that you would. For the life of me, I'm not real sure how it came across as any different. Because, as certain that I am that this is just another idiot, who's idea will go no where, I too voiced my opinion.

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
we have a similar idiot running for a Senate seat in Montana, a Maryland land developer that has a documented history of supporting the selling off public lands- the scary thing is he beat out a half dozen candidates in the primary

that this Utah guy is a tool shouldn’t make us relax any, that’s what they’re hoping we do

More propagandistic drivel by a leftist.