Custom Savage 110 .280AI

robtattoo

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking to lighten my load, yet again. I'm not desperate to sell this one & I'm only putting it up because it's a bit of a crossover caliber in my safe.

I have a full custom build on a flat-back Savage 110 action. The barrel I had chambered by Bison Gunworks in Oregon & it's a 26" heavy sporter profile in .280 Ackley with 1:9 twist. The barrel nut & recoil lug are both precision machines items from ER Shaw.

I had the bolt spiral fluted buy Sin Arms & had him machine the alloy bolt knob & handle. The bolt head was reworked for minimal firing pin clearance.

The stock is a Boyd's Prairie Hunter. I had to open the barrel channel to fully float the heavier than standard barrel & it's not offered in a bull-barrel configuration. I'm proud to say that it looks like a factory job though! It took hours! I've pillar bedded the stock with stainless pillars, but I have yet to compound bed the action. As it sits, the action doesn't touch the wood in the channel. It's cleared by about 0.015" to leave room for the compound. It's absolutely fine to shoot as is, but solid bedding should tighten the groups up a little more. Right now it'll group 162gn Hornady ELDx into ¾"

The trigger is standard, but I've reworked it. Break is right at 3½lb with zero pre or over travel.

All the metalwork has been Cerakoated in Gunmetal & contrasting aluminum silver.

Included in the sale:

RCBS die set (full length & neck)

50 pieces nosler brass

Several hundred mixed bullets (Berger vld, Hornady eldx, Hornady sst, nosler Accubond LR)

The scope is not included, sale is for the bare rifle only.

$800 + actual shipping to your FFL.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've found a rifle that I really want, so imma sweeten the pot a bit.

The buyer will receive:

1 whole smoked venison shoulder, on the bone, cooked, ready to eat & vacuum sealed for your convenience, mailed directly to your door.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bump for a great deal. The 1/9 twist shoots most of the heavy bullets with awesome BC.

Someone buy this before I do something my budget will regret.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am like a junkie, trying not to buy this gun.. but,

What's the round count on this rifle?

Wojo14

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Man I cant belive this is still for sale...very tempting!
I know you said you are looking to sale, but any trades on another fire arm?
~Wojo