Csutom WWG Remington 7 in 308

jgraham1

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom WWG Remington 7 in 308

Custom built stainless steel Remington Model 7 in 308 modified by Wild West Guns in Alaska into the Summit rifle. When Jim West began building making the SummitLite rifle, he discontinuing the Summit rifle. The rifle was converted this rifle from a Summit to a SummitLite, but remains marked Summit Rifles. The following work was performed:

Original 20” Remington barrel was fluted, porting, match crowned and cryogenically processed
The action and bolt were squared, trued and lapped
Action was pillar and glass bedded
The barrel was free floated
Bolt and action machined to make it ultra-lightweight
Two ejectors installed for very robust and positive ejection
Installed a Sako style extractor
Installed a Timney trigger set to 3 pounds
All metal finished in matte chrome by Accurate Plating and Weaponry
Installed a new High Tech ultralight synthetic/Kevlar with Schnabel forend
Installed a black 1” Pachmayr Decelerator pad
Custom paint job on the stock
Installed light weight Weaver rings and bases
Mounted a VX-2 Ultralight 2-7x28mm with the FireDot LR Duplex (Non-Illuminated) reticle
Added Butler Creek flip-up scope covers

I have the original scope box, scope cover and paperwork, rifle manual but no the box. The rifle weights a scant 5.75 pounds as shown and is the perfect lightweight rifle. It has been fired less than 300 times with factory loads.

Current replacement cost is over $5000. I am selling it for $3400, or $3000 without the scope, and that includes shipping. I accept USPS Money Orders and personal checks only. Trades may be considered for Black Powder Cartridge Rifles like the Sharps, Rolling Blocks, Hepburns, Ballards and such. I like them in 45-90, 45-70, 40-65, 38-55 and 22LR. Also like Ruger No.1s, Savage 99s, Winchester 94s and Travor X95. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Contact me for any questions or pictures. Thanks.

Jerry

sQI4FTH.jpg

Last edited: