Older Redfield Widefield Scopes ISO

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has any of the older Redfield Widefield Scopes laying around, I would be interested in them at a decent price.

The older one's with the "TV"or square ends

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I just sold a Redfield Widefield Illuminator 3x9x40 with Accu-trac on Ebay this past year. I've had it since the 80's. Kind of funny.....I listed it on Ebay originally for a starting price of $199. It closed without any bids after 14 days. So I relisted it for the same. After a week of no bids, I pulled it. Then I got messages from several people asking if I was going to relist it. I told them I already had it listed twice with no bids. So then they all start offering what they'd take it for. So I finally told them all that I would put it back up and they could bid to their heart's content. It sold for way more than the $199 they could have gotten it for.

Compared to today's glass, there is no comparison. But it was a fun scope with the dial and I used to shoot it very accurately out to 650 quite a bit. Good luck finding one, they show up on Ebay every now and then.

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I bought one on eBay a few years back, I have hunted all my life with one on my reminding 700 30-06. Still works great. I love those scopes

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've got one sitting on a older savage 300wm. It's got the widefield eyepiece and the rangefinder thing in the reticle. The numbers change as you dial up the magnification, and it has a extra set of wires to subtend something for yardage i would guess. It also has an exposed turret up top.
If your interested shoot me a PM. I was going to take it off anyway. Might work out for both of us.

deadwolf

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just sold a Redfield Widefield Illuminator 3x9x40 with Accu-trac on Ebay this past year. I've had it since the 80's. Kind of funny.....I listed it on Ebay originally for a starting price of $199. It closed without any bids after 14 days. So I relisted it for the same. After a week of no bids, I pulled it. Then I got messages from several people asking if I was going to relist it. I told them I already had it listed twice with no bids. So then they all start offering what they'd take it for. So I finally told them all that I would put it back up and they could bid to their heart's content. It sold for way more than the $199 they could have gotten it for.

Compared to today's glass, there is no comparison. But it was a fun scope with the dial and I used to shoot it very accurately out to 650 quite a bit. Good luck finding one, they show up on Ebay every now and then.

Did it have the tombstone reticle in it? Without seeing it I cant be certain, but the bidding war you encountered likely existed because that scope is sought after by those building an M40 .308 bolt rifle that was used by Marine snipers at the start of the Vietnam war. Doesn’t explain why they didn’t bid the first time around though! Did the scope have a green tint to the finish? Almost an anodization look to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk