Wtb tikka t3 stainless 7mm

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Looking for a tikka t3 stainless lite ( or just t3 ss) chambered in 7mm rem mag. Prefer t3x but I'll look at t3 as well. Mainly need the action for a custom build

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
TonySkyline
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just want to basically put a carbon stock and barrel on a tikka stainless action and want it to be chambered in 7mm rem mag (the .300 might have a bit much recoil at that weight rifle) . Wondering if I can use another chamber for this build as they all use the same action correct??

Pwells10

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you reloading? I will say that the tikka action does have a smaller chamber than a typical 7mm or .300 would have. So if you want to seat the bullets out further it'll be a smaller leeway for you to do so.

Pro953

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is your intent/goal for the build?

just saw a t3x in 300 Win in the classifieds.

I have a T3 in .270 and a t3x in 300 WM. I can shoot the .270 all day. The 300 is not bad It really just depends on the load. I can certainly get through 15-25 rounds in a range session. After that I do hit a fatigue point. That said this rifle has the stock Tikka barrel. At sea level I really only run 165-168 range Barnes in it. Anything beyond that and the slow twist barrel seems to cause problems for me. Running lead YMMV. As you plan to rebarrel I would recommend going with a faster twist.

7MM will be great as well but unless you do the bottom metal/Mag conversation in your build you are going to be a little handicapped by the Mag space if reloading and you want to tinker with seating depth or with any heavy/long bullets.

I love the Tikka actions and it should make a great build. If it will be a range rifle he 7mm may be better but for a more dedicated hunting rifle I doubt you will notice the difference between it and the 300.

OP
TonySkyline
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would need a rh. Thanks though, I am trying to put a carbon barrel and possibly a carbon stock on it as well. Main intent will be for elk and mule deer out west. I just missed out on a .300 in the classifieds. I found out from a member on here that it has the same action as the 7mm rem mag. Ugh wish I jumped on it. Their is still a nice 6.5 on here but I'll have to look into that and see if the same applies but I doubt it

OP
TonySkyline
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Bought one new... whittaker guns with 10% off promo was sub $600 . Great buy