Fierce Fury LR

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Wondering if anybody has any experience with these rifles. The good and the bad.

7rem

FNG
I just recently got one in 28 nosler.
I really like it. Load development was easy. I’m shooting 180 bergers at 3218fps and it does shoot 1/2moa with my load. I have shot it out to 1240 yards.
The throat seems short which bothered me at first but now I don’t care. It shoots good and great speed.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
How is the cheek weld on the stock? Is it high enough to comfortably use a larger objective scope? And hows the trigger? Is it adjustable? Lots of questions, thanks for the info

FURMAN

WKR
I have a review on this site for the CT Edge as well as a video on youtube. The vertical grip on the long range stock will be nicer for prone shots than the hunter stock but the cheek weld is nicer on the hunter stock. The trigger is pretty nice and will adjust to 2lbs. I prefer lighter but most will be ok with it. The actions are second to none. They have a .5 moa guarantee and you will be hard pressed to build a rifle with a .5 moa guarantee for the price. They use SAAMI reamers so throats are typically going to be "short" for a lot of todays longer bullets. The only bad I can think of is lead times but chances are you can find what you want in stock somewhere.

Last edited:
OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Great info thanks for the help guys. Your video and review was great. I think one in 7mm mag with nightforce scope would be a sweet rig. I look forward to seeing more information and opinions come out as the fury lr gets out there a little more.

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
I have the regular Fury in 6.5 cm and love it. Shot .5 out of the box with ELD-X factory ammo. Handles great.

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
I just recently got one in 28 nosler.
I really like it. Load development was easy. I’m shooting 180 bergers at 3218fps and it does shoot 1/2moa with my load. I have shot it out to 1240 yards.
The throat seems short which bothered me at first but now I don’t care. It shoots good and great speed.

what powder are you using? and COAL? I have a Fierce in 28 Nosler and it does shoot the 160gr factory nosler .5moa but I want something heavier like a 180 or 195r berger

mtmuley

WKR
what powder are you using? and COAL? I have a Fierce in 28 Nosler and it does shoot the 160gr factory nosler .5moa but I want something heavier like a 180 or 195r berger

I assume the 160 grain bullet you are shooting is an Accubond? It will kill anything you put it into. At .5 MOA, I wouldn't bother changing. mtmuley

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Living in Commifornia I have to use non-lead ammo for hunting in 2019. I did notice on their website they recommend 160gr TSX ammo, which is good but if I’m shooting non-lead I would like to shoot a lighter grain to pick up some velocity. Barnes factory vortx lr 139gr looks like good stuff and expands at lower velocity. Actually has a higher BC than the 160 TSX, better expansion and higher velocity. Just not sure if they will shoot out of the 1:8.5 twist barrel.

amassi

WKR
Living in Commifornia I have to use non-lead ammo for hunting in 2019. I did notice on their website they recommend 160gr TSX ammo, which is good but if I’m shooting non-lead I would like to shoot a lighter grain to pick up some velocity. Barnes factory vortx lr 139gr looks like good stuff and expands at lower velocity. Actually has a higher BC than the 160 TSX, better expansion and higher velocity. Just not sure if they will shoot out of the 1:8.5 twist barrel.
With a 1:8 I'd take a hard look at the 168 lrx it has a decent bc and was easy to load.

Unfortunately it appears our ridiculous lead ban seems to be seeping into other western states. 3 podcast/YouTube channels I follow started touting lead free ammo just last week as a safety(lead ingestion) and environmental( birds of prey) issue
Oregon and Washington are starting volunteer programs where you can get discounted lead free ammo, to "test"

Ironically or not, one major player is the Oregon zoo. They list the California condor as a species that may benefit... any one ever seen a California condor in Oregon?

I hope some of the residents of these states can learn from our folly here and stand up to this nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk