Swarovski X5 Long Range Scope Review

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've never used the BRM reticle. I shot a running bear at 40 yards in tight cover with it on 3.5 and shot an elk at 940 yards on 18 power. I've shot minute sized rocks at 2000 yards too. It's almost the perfect scope:)

Scottyboy

WKR
Hello Ryan, did you / do you find the elevation turret "obnoxious" ie; too large? i have read some mixed emotions on the turret and while its probably something stupid i am even thinking about, i am just trying to get everything straight in my mind before buying one sight unseen as the nearest one to me in a store is about a 8hr drive... thank you. scott

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Hello Ryan, did you / do you find the elevation turret "obnoxious" ie; too large? i have read some mixed emotions on the turret and while its probably something stupid i am even thinking about, i am just trying to get everything straight in my mind before buying one sight unseen as the nearest one to me in a store is about a 8hr drive... thank you. scott

Haha, it does look BIG, but really it's not much bigger than a Night Force when side by side. I will say that it's easy to use in cold weather when fingers are cold or you are wearing gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
Thank you sir, ordered one a few minutes ago. Thank you for the response and the excellent/detailed review, it was by the far the best I read..which I read several others. Again I apologize for the dumb question, but this was a big investment for me in a scope..and I appreciate your input.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
That was not a dumb question! When I first saw the scope, I chuckled to myself, because it looked so big. But two year of hunting with it and I don't even notice it. The X5 has taken a beating and still knocks things down when I do my part. You will love it.

Last edited: