ABM 300 Win Ammo Review

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
PNWGATOR, thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a long range off the shelf load. After testing this might be it.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 39441
Ok. I'm back from Colorado Ironman, and this is what I have waiting. I'll get the rifle out tonight and grab some pictures. I won't be able to run any ammo through it until this coming week-end. I spent some time at Kifaru with Aron and the gang. There will be an upcoming piece there. What a great time and I learned a lot!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders, just an update on Les and these bullets, he had a few hunts come together quickly for archery and muzzleloader so he had to put this on the back burner for a bit. Last I checked his thread, "The Season" I think they were packing out their third bull in two states. Watch for an update on this thread when he gets back. In the meantime, you can follow "The Season" here:
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/general-discussion-forum/50092-season.html

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robby is spot on. Bullets shoot great. Very satisified, final update coming in a few days. Been a crazy (good) elk season so far!

Justin Crossley what nightforce scope is that on the ridgeline? And is it 50mm of 56mm? And what rail is it on? And is it the 20moa?

IMG_3673_zpsthzta8in.jpg

Some friends and I went up in the mountains to do some shooting today and check out this ABM ammo. We shot it through two different 300's and had good results with both. Since I only had one box this test isn't the be all end all but it gave us enough to get an idea how this ammo will perform. We set up a paper target at 200 yds and shot like we would in an actual hunting situation (except the shooting mat!). First up, Paul shot a 3 shot group with Christensen Arms Ridgeline. His first group was right at 2" or one M.O.A.

IMG_3675_zpsqcmzatix.jpg

IMG_3678_zps58k9tgjh.jpg

Next it was my turn to see how my custom Tikka would like the ABM loads. I too shot a 3 shot group at 200 yards and was very happy with the results.

01%20shooting_zpslzin9ing.jpg

9716b3eb5edb05079f55acc575654b87.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Crossley what nightforce scope is that on the ridgeline? And is it 50mm of 56mm? And what rail is it on? And is it the 20moa?

It's the Nightforce SHV 5-20x56. The rail is a 20 moa rail that came with the Ridgeline but I can't remember who makes it off the top of my head. The rings are made by Xtreme Hardcore Gear. I believe they are lows but they may be mediums.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
It's the Nightforce SHV 5-20x56. The rail is a 20 moa rail that came with the Ridgeline but I can't remember who makes it off the top of my head. The rings are made by Xtreme Hardcore Gear. I believe they are lows but they may be mediums.

Talley makes the rail

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay on this guys, here is my original target from a month ago. This is with a model 700 LSS, with a Vari-X3, 3.5-10x.

For some reason via the phone the picture rotated to the left. The target was shot at 90° to the right with the 1 being the upper right. 1 and 2 were the first couple of shots and bringing the ammo in. The groups marked 3 and 4 were the last two three round groups.

Definitely sub one MOA. I've still got a half a box left that I'm waiting to finish the review with. I'm currently get a scope set up on a new long-range rifle. I'm hoping to have that scope up and running within a week or so and then I can finish it up. I've been doing a lot of work and research on the ABM and I'm hoping, and by the looks of it I should be able to, use this as stock long-range ammunition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I would definitely use this ammo for long range shooting and hunting if I didn't reload. Really top quality stuff.

choovhntr

WKR
Just put some through my cooper m92. Shot just under MOA but I think the shooter was holding them back a little. Really excited to play around with this ammo a little more and was relieved to see that they do fit in the magazine (barely)

Saxt21

FNG
Used this ammo through my Rem 700. Shot .5 MOA. Killed 3 animals so far this season all one shot kills. Unfortunately everything was 300 yards and closer. Pretty impressed with this ammo so far. One deer was shot at 240 yards. Bullet farther back in the ribs and exited the bucks chest leaving a softball sized wound. The other two kill shots were a 300 yard neck shot on another buck and a 150 yard head shot on a cow elk. Would highly recommend this ammo. The first 5 rounds did show some signs of pressure but I haven't noticed any issues since.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Saxt. Thanks for sharing. Had to laugh at "unfortunately all were under 300 yards". Remember when that was a good thing?

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Used this ammo through my Rem 700. Shot .5 MOA. Killed 3 animals so far this season all one shot kills. Unfortunately everything was 300 yards and closer. Pretty impressed with this ammo so far. One deer was shot at 240 yards. Bullet farther back in the ribs and exited the bucks chest leaving a softball sized wound. The other two kill shots were a 300 yard neck shot on another buck and a 150 yard head shot on a cow elk. Would highly recommend this ammo. The first 5 rounds did show some signs of pressure but I haven't noticed any issues since.

Awesome Saxt, that makes me excited as that's the action I will be shooting.

mmw194287

WKR
I know this is a HUGE long shot--but does anyone in E. Washington/N. Idaho have a box (or even a few rounds) of these (the 215 Hybrid) they'd be willing to sell? I was really hoping to have some on hand for a planned trip to the range this week, but there's been a delay in shipping my order and it won't get here in time. Thought I'd see if by chance anyone out there could help out--thanks.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Help the man out. Been there myself with powder right before a hunt one time. A Rokslider stepped up, sent it to me and I got to shoot the exact load I wanted. Then he wouldn't even take any money. Best of luck!