ABM 300 Win Ammo Review

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is a HUGE long shot--but does anyone in E. Washington/N. Idaho have a box (or even a few rounds) of these (the 215 Hybrid) they'd be willing to sell? I was really hoping to have some on hand for a planned trip to the range this week, but there's been a delay in shipping my order and it won't get here in time. Thought I'd see if by chance anyone out there could help out--thanks.

I don't have any left or I would send them your way. Hopefully someone has some they can spare for ya though.

Scottyboy

WKR
great thread! really looking forward to receiving my 300WM, hopefully only a few more weeks and she will be done. :)

do you mind me asking what twist barrel you are shooting? i know Berger recommends a 1:9, but i have heard that people are doing OK with a 1:10. i am assuming that a 1:10 will stabilize just fine, but i am close to sea level and i know that i can throw a wrench into the equation

thanks! scott

FURMAN

WKR
A 10 twist will be fine. When the bullet was first introduced Berger recommended 10 twist.

Last edited:

choovhntr

WKR
i have a few rounds I could send your way. I'm at work till Wednesday though and live in California. Don.t know if they would make it to you in time.

mmw194287

WKR
i have a few rounds I could send your way. I'm at work till Wednesday though and live in California. Don.t know if they would make it to you in time.

Hey Choovhntr,
I appreciate the offer, but they'd likely not make it here in time with the ground shipping restriction. I've got some on the way--I guess I'll just have to exercise some patience!
Thanks to Robby and Justin too.

I have been using ABM ammunition in two different 300 Win Mags (Desert Tech, and Custom RBros.) for a while now. Have fired more than 100 rounds. Have used both the 215 grain and 230 grain bullets.

The ABM is the best factory ammunition I've used. Consistency is very good. Single digit ES is pretty common for a box of ammunition.
I reload too, and use the ABM brass as my standard brass for reloading as well.

Great ammunition.

Ryry

FNG
Is this ammo still available?? I would love to try a box through my custom .300 win mag!
Thanks
Ryan