Bipod Shootout Review, By Justin Crossley (and win one of three bipods!)

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Went with the long Javelin on my new Browning Hells Canyon Speed 6.5 Creed and Meopta scope.

Hope to shoot with it this weekend.
84885ef771f4d2b6c02032ef6f98cfd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks awesome. Let us know what you think.

Scottyboy

WKR
First I want to say thanks for having this review, I've scoured high and low..this is by far the most comprehensive to be found

I have a question for those who have/had/held the evo pod... does the tension handle dig in to your shoulder or get in the way when it's slung on your shoulder? I keep going back and forth between atlas and the evo, the handle is one thing that I'm concerned with.

Thanks again! Scott

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
First I want to say thanks for having this review, I've scoured high and low..this is by far the most comprehensive to be found

I have a question for those who have/had/held the evo pod... does the tension handle dig in to your shoulder or get in the way when it's slung on your shoulder? I keep going back and forth between atlas and the evo, the handle is one thing that I'm concerned with.

Thanks again! Scott
I rarely carry a rifle by a sling anymore so I didn't do much testing of that nature. With that said though, Depending on how you have your sling/rail/bipod set up it should not be an issue at all. I'll try to get you a photo to illustrate in the next day or so.

Scottyboy

WKR
Thank you sir, that would be great! I have been trying to get away from it, but some habits are hard to break :eek: after my last elk hunt I had more problems than not with my sling so I'm hoping I learn my lesson..but I can be stubborn. Thank you again Justin, I really appreciate it

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I tried to get some photos showing how the rifle hangs on my shoulder so you could see the clearance to the bipod. Depending on how vertical the rifle is hanging the bipod can definitely make contact with my shoulder but not more so than any other bipod imo. It would be uncomfortable if you slung it in a way that it was hitting or rubbing your shoulder.

IMG_1873_zpsyvwutdoc.jpg

IMG_1872_zpsvgyvaomr.jpg

IMG_1871_zpsnpqxg7z6.jpg

Last edited:

Scottyboy

WKR
Thank you Justin, your pictures were very beneficial (well, not for my savings account as I just purchased one with the leg extensions). I do appreciate your time in responding to this..it absolutely sealed the deal for me buying one. Scott