Timney calvin elite trigger
Hawkins rings
Swarovski x5 3.5-18x50 illuminatedimage.jpgimage.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love the look of this. 28N really has great spec's on paper

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks awesome!! What bullets do you plan on shooting? RL33 and the 195 Berger are a hammer as well as H1000 and the 180s!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
That looks great! I'm a fan of everything but that Calvin Elite. Keep us posted on how she shoots and kills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffpg

WKR
Nice rifle man!

I snagged a Len Bachus Long Range Custom in the 28 at a great price & have it tuned in to the 195 EOL Berger. Yours has the right twist to shoot it too.

I currently have a ultralight 28 Nosler build of my own design underway. It's gonna be very sweet.

OP
Steakngravy
Looking for some help on starting loads of retumbo ??any help would be appreciated

ramhunter

FNG
Sweet rifle, I am having a 28 Nosler built too, should be completed with in a week! Mine will be on a 700 action and a #4 Brux skip-flute barrel, 1-8 twist, McMillan Classic stock...wanting to shoot the Berger 195 grs!

Will be interested to see what loads you work up!

I have the Nosler M-48 , with a brake and 2.3lb. trigger, with Vortex 6x24x50 with a custom turret. I shoot the 175 Nosler ABLR'S, and i love this gun. Can't wait to try it out on Elk in Wyoming and Idaho this fall. Good luck to all..

OP
Steakngravy
Thanks shot a few times now trying to dial a load with the 195s , still fine tuning I have 8 pounds of retumbo so trying loads with that first might try some reloader 33 , I've hit a couple good accuracy nodes but looking for that 1 ragged hole type of group . There is almost zero load data I've looked all over so i will just keep playing with seating depth , haven't chronographed it yet so not not sure on speed but started seeing light extractor marks around 79 grains

OP
Steakngravy
Got some loads that are shooting great have a good node at 2980 fps and then another one around 3095 the latter had a light extractor mark but other than that no signs of pressure , had my 10 year old hitting steel today at 860 yards , was kind of suprised when I shot it at distance for the first shot after shooting groups at 100 yards went and dialed to 860 and was on the steel on the first shot , recoil is mild and overall I couldn't be happier

I'm definitely jealous. Love everything about the gun. You might try the newer Reloder 26. It's temperature stable and should add some fps without the pressure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
Steakngravy
Thanks , I'm still playing with loads , time to head to the mnts now so I will play around with it after season got a .013 " group at 3033 fps but it's a little closer to the lands than I would prefer , might try some reloader when I get back