Moa evolution review

WRO

WKR
I just got my evolution extreme in 300 rum and mounted an x5 3.5x18 on it. I also purchased an Eol bipod and mounted it as well.

This is the best rifle I've ever shot out of hundreds. It's boringly accurate, my first 3 shot group with 230 bergers was under .3. I never shot it under 400 after that because it wasn't interesting to me. I put 2 touching at 1004 yards, cold bored a coyote at 710. The bipod is rock solid, and is more solid than a bench. At roughly 10lbs carry weight it's easy to shoot off hand.

The after sale customer service is great, it came with load development and sight in complete. Every question was answered quickly and politely.

All in all, best money I've ever spent on a gun.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting. Funny that it can actually be boring to be that accurate! Sounds like a shooter and 10lbs don't sound to bad for what it's shooting.

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
Thanks for posting. Funny that it can actually be boring to be that accurate! Sounds like a shooter and 10lbs don't sound to bad for what it's shooting.
It's amazing, I brought a 100 rounds with the intention of shooting then all, after a 6" 3 shot 1120 yard group, and literally hitting every shot I took after I mounted my Eol bipod, I am so confident that it seemed pointless to shoot the last 60 rounds.

It seems weird to think of a 600 yard shot as a chip shot, but it does with this set up.

Right on they look like sick guns. You said "it came with load development and sight in complete" Did you send them the X5 to mount and sight in for ya?

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
Right on they look like sick guns. You said "it came with load development and sight in complete" Did you send them the X5 to mount and sight in for ya?
Yep, done great.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Metagross

FNG
A good one indeed. I'm so jealous . . . I have been lusting over these rifles for a few weeks now. I really like the pricing and I have seen one shoot. Some day . . . I'm going to convince my Wife that I "need" a long range rifle.

Until then, I'll keep chasing the factory unicorn with hand loads.

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
A good one indeed. I'm so jealous . . . I have been lusting over these rifles for a few weeks now. I really like the pricing and I have seen one shoot. Some day . . . I'm going to convince my Wife that I "need" a long range rifle.

Until then, I'll keep chasing the factory unicorn with hand loads.
The unicorn comes in a box..

Talked to numerous custom/semi custom shops prior to this, their smith was the most knowledgeable I spoke too. It's nice talking to someone with their poop in a group.

Their customer service is excellent, except they sent a receipt to my house.

The wife is getting a new kitchen now lol.

Last edited:
Holy crap. Just looked up these prices.you could buy a kid a college education with that kind of coin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap. Just looked up these prices.you could buy a kid a college education with that kind of coin!

I have both a kid in college at OSU and an MOA Evolution rifle in 7 mag, and trust me, you are wrong... I only wish my kids college was the same price as my rifle!

I have both a kid in college at OSU and an MOA Evolution rifle in 7 mag, and trust me, you are wrong... I only wish my kids college was the same price as my rifle!

Hey, not my fault you sent your kid to a sub-par, overpriced school! Jk/jk

$3,700 - that is not that expensive in my opinion for a custom rifle with load development