Christensen Arms ELR

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Broz has one that he has been testing in 338 Lapua. I was supposed to get one but haven't heard anything in quite a while on it.

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
I looked into one of these real hard but my only negative is the scope rail not having a 20 moa taper for us long range guys that poke into the next zip code. :cool: I'm also waiting for Broz to review the classic II in 300 WM as I want another rifle and not sure which route I'm going yet.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I looked into one of these real hard but my only negative is the scope rail not having a 20 moa taper for us long range guys that poke into the next zip code. :cool: I'm also waiting for Broz to review the classic II in 300 WM as I want another rifle and not sure which route I'm going yet.

I thought it had a 20 minute rail?

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
I did as well, but checked their site before and no mention of a 20 MOA rail on the ELR. I do know the B.A. Tactical has a 20 MOA rail.

Last edited:
Yep, ELR has the 20 MOA integrated rail as well. I'm almost positive Broz talks about that in his review of the ELR.

I'm also looking at the ELR or BA Tactical in .300 Win Mag so I'd like to hear opinions as well from anybody who owns one...

If you check Christensen's catalog online in PDF format it states that both the ELR and the ELR Ultra both have integral 20MOA rails machined into the custom action.
I was surprised that a purpose built long range rifle would come with 0MOA so I had to go and look it up myself. They are 20MOA

I was talking to a gun shop the other day about their opinions on the Christensen Arms line of rifles and his biggest complaint was the issue with the bolt handle being so close to the scope when lifted all the way up. That made it tricky when ejecting and cycling another round. Anybody had any issues with that?

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah the bolt handle does end up close to the scope. It becomes routine after dealing with it for a while.

The bolt handle was my biggest issue. Not a huge thing, but a personal preference. Shot good and I thought trigger was excellent.

Josh Wright, what did you not like about the bolt handle?

Anybody running this in 300 RUM? Looking at 300 WM, 300 RUM, and possibly 338 Lapua but wondering how bad recoil will be in this light of a rig.

Broz

WKR
Josh Wright, what did you not like about the bolt handle?

Anybody running this in 300 RUM? Looking at 300 WM, 300 RUM, and possibly 338 Lapua but wondering how bad recoil will be in this light of a rig.

We never had any bolt handle issues. In the video's in post 13 you can see the recoil with 300 Bergers for yourself. I have a go pro in front of it when I shoot to a mile. Plus the first time my wife pulled the trigger on it she X ringed her elk and watched the dirt fly through the scope from the pass through.

We never had any bolt handle issues. In the video's in post 13 you can see the recoil with 300 Bergers for yourself. I have a go pro in front of it when I shoot to a mile. Plus the first time my wife pulled the trigger on it she X ringed her elk and watched the dirt fly through the scope from the pass through.

Thanks, Broz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk