New Vortex Gen II Viper PST LR scope

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

new from Vortex featuring 30mm tube, 5x zoom range (6x in one model) and 1st focal (in some models), matching MRAD & MOA turrets, RZR Zero stop. I've shot the smaller 3-9x Viper for two years, good scope for the money. Anyone picking one of these up or better yet, tried one?

Here's the press release:
Vortex[SUP]®[/SUP] Optics Introduces the Gen II Viper[SUP]®[/SUP] PST[SUP]™[/SUP]
The most popular and feature-rich, tactical riflescope on the market just got better

The historically successful Vortex[SUP]®[/SUP] Viper[SUP]®[/SUP] PST[SUP]™[/SUP] series gets a complete revamp in 2017. Upgraded features from top-to-bottom take its incredible performance and rock-solid tactical features to new heights – and your shooting with it.

Built on 30mm anodized aircraft grade aluminum tubes, these scopes deliver the features serious tactical shooters demand, at a price that’s sure to please. Exposed laser-etched turrets provide easily read elevation and windage adjustment graduations. Borrowed from the proven Razor[SUP]®[/SUP] HD 5-2X50, the patented RZR Zero stop ensures accurate returns to sight in zero after dialing temporary elevation correction. And with the fiber optic turret rotation indicator, shooters can keep track of turns and their turret position with ease.

Illumination dial is cleanly integrated into the parallax/side focus adjustment knob for easy access and streamlined performance. Features 10 intensity levels of illumination with off positions between each setting. Glass-etched reticles offer shooters highly functional, intuitive and detailed hold points, yet remain uncluttered for optimal viewing. First focal plane reticles are available in select models. Matching MOA or MRAD turrets keep adjustments and hold points consistent. Fast-focus eyepiece adjusts easily and keeps the reticle tack-sharp.

Optically, these scopes deliver a 5X zoom range and impressive image quality. High-quality XD[SUP]™[/SUP] lens elements serve up incredible resolution and color fidelity, resulting in high definition images. XR[SUP]™ [/SUP]fully multi-coated lenses increase light transmission for optimum brightness. ArmorTek[SUP]®[/SUP] protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil, and dirt.

A standout model in the series, the ultra-sleek 1-6x24 features low-profile capped turrets for streamlined performance, a 6X zoom range and adjustable, daylight-bright illuminated center dot.

O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the riflescope for reliable performance in all environments. Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.

Topping your door kicker or dialing precision long range shots, there’s a Gen II PST to fit your needs. And like all Vortex optics, they are covered with the lifetime, no-fault, transferable, VIP warranty.

Last edited:
I just placed an order for one of these... the 3-15x44 FFP with MRAD reticle. Not sure when it will show up, but I'll be looking forward to trying it on my new Tikka T3X lite.

On paper it weighs a bit more than the older PST (22oz vs 28oz for the new one) which I wasnt stoked about, but I did like everything else on paper about it with the zero stops and glass. Hoping the reticle isnt too busy compared to the standard mildot style.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Other than the weight increase, (which really sucks imo) these look pretty sweet. I would love to get my hands on one and do a side by side comparison with the Leupold VX6.

HOT ROD

WKR
I would like to see a review with the new vx6 hd and vortex viper. And a couple other makes and models.... Sum thoughts

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 FFP that will be going on top of my 300WM.

bradb

WKR
Had my hands on one of the earlier prototypes Thursday, at there place. The finished ones were at shot or not handy. I only looked at it in a back office so can't comment on glass, but two buddies there said much better then the original pst. I liked everything about it better then the original. Yes I also wish it was a little lighter. Otherwise only other wish would be for lockable windage turret like on the gen2 razor and the amg. Hope to borrow one for soon shooting after shot

Last edited: