26 Nosler with 160 Grain Matrix VLD's

Has anyone attempted loading 160 Grain Matrix VLD's into a 26 Nosler? Tried Retumbo it was too hot moving to US869. Wondering if anyone has done this exercise already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I have. I built a full custom 26 Nosler and had it throated for the 160 matrix for out west hunting and it weighed 7 pounds unscoped. I used RL33 and ran it with no pressure @ around 3250. It was a tack driver out to 1000 yards. I shot 3 groups at 1000 yards and all were under 2 1/2 inches. The problem I ran into was the lot to lot inconsistancy and id run out of a can of powder and when I'D load out of a fresh can I,d have to start over. I let her stay at home this year due to the powder issue. I bought the big keg of RL33 so ill burn the barrel out before I run out again. That matrix performs on game to. I'd compare it to a berger

OP
Highcountry_Hellrazor
I have. I built a full custom 26 Nosler and had it throated for the 160 matrix for out west hunting and it weighed 7 pounds unscoped. I used RL33 and ran it with no pressure @ around 3250. It was a tack driver out to 1000 yards. I shot 3 groups at 1000 yards and all were under 2 1/2 inches. The problem I ran into was the lot to lot inconsistancy and id run out of a can of powder and when I'D load out of a fresh can I,d have to start over. I let her stay at home this year due to the powder issue. I bought the big keg of RL33 so ill burn the barrel out before I run out again. That matrix performs on game to. I'd compare it to a berger

You mind tossing up your load my man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started wayyyy low then . I don't have a chrono yet and I'm only throated for 140's but I'm loaded as far as 91 right now with zero signs of pressure. I desperately need to buy a chrono. I'll guess I'll load some heavier. Where are u seeing the most accuracy? And what kind of velocity? I have the fierce arms edge.

I retract that statement . I just ran out to my load chart. I went from 84-89 in .5 increments last weekend with no pressure signs. This weekend I have up to 91 loaded of up of us869 with the 160 matrix. I did not have a chrono . But I'm gonna keep moving up until I see a pressure sign as well as get velocity this weekend.

That's strange. 84 was a play it safe starting point I was told from a friend because I found zero load data for the 160's. The owner of matrix Steve didn't even have any. Let me know how it goes for you.