Not a bad Range day.

joelbiltz

WKR
Finally got my hands on my new Gunwerks Magnus.

300 Win Mag
20 inch Proof BbL with Break
Triggertech trigger
Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x42
Modular Evolution Evo pod.

The load development was done by Gunwerks for the 215 Berger Hybrid. I loaded up a few to shoot a group and my first group with the 215 was .440 at 100 yards. Damn happy with this result.

Next up I needed to work up a Non leaded bullet option for a upcoming California Tule Elk hunt. I had a box of Barnes 168 TTSX so I chose these. Yesterday I shot a few groups with 73, 74, 74.5 loaded .025 off the lands and IMR 7828 SSC. 74 grains gave me the most promising group at just at 1 MOA. So today I loaded up another 74grain load with .03 off the lands. My first group with these landed at .628. I was very happy to say the least. And I'm sure I can tighten this up some but for one animal and one hunt I'm leaving it alone. This gun is a shooter and a pleasure to shoot in a very nice package.

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got my hands on my new Gunwerks Magnus.

300 Win Mag
20 inch Proof BbL with Break
Triggertech trigger
Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16x42
Modular Evolution Evo pod.

The load development was done by Gunwerks for the 215 Berger Hybrid. I loaded up a few to shoot a group and my first group with the 215 was .440 at 100 yards. Damn happy with this result.

Next up I needed to work up a Non leaded bullet option for a upcoming California Tule Elk hunt. I had a box of Barnes 168 TTSX so I chose these. Yesterday I shot a few groups with 73, 74, 74.5 loaded .025 off the lands and IMR 7828 SSC. 74 grains gave me the most promising group at just at 1 MOA. So today I loaded up another 74grain load with .03 off the lands. My first group with these landed at .628. I was very happy to say the least. And I'm sure I can tighten this up some but for one animal and one hunt I'm leaving it alone. This gun is a shooter and a pleasure to shoot in a very nice package.

Sweet baby jesus that's nice

daddie63

WKR
Nice shooter. Sure it will do the trick on your elk hunt. Lookin forward to the story.

Scottyboy

WKR
Sweet rig! Do you mind me asking why the 20" bbl? I mean nothing by that, just curious as I am contemplating a 20" bbl to shoot suppressed but often read I would lose too much performance with a 300wm in a 20" to make it worthwhile.

Ps: really liking the looks of this over your MOA, which is badash. :cool:

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Sweet rig! Do you mind me asking why the 20" bbl? I mean nothing by that, just curious as I am contemplating a 20" bbl to shoot suppressed but often read I would lose too much performance with a 300wm in a 20" to make it worthwhile.

Ps: really liking the looks of this over your MOA, which is badash. :cool:

I had his built for more of a mid ranged (out to 600 yards or so) compact easier to pack/ carry rifle. A rifle for the big bears and hunting in Indiana hardwoods for deer but still able to easily reach out and touch one if needed. I am in the planning stages of a 28 Nosler shooting the Berger 195 for my more conventional long range build. This rifle setup though just fits and I really love the compactness and the whole package. I do not feel I am at a disadvantage at all with the shorter bbl for my personal comfort range..

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Nice setup! Would you happen to know the MV for the 215s out of that 20"er? Thanks

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Nice setup! Would you happen to know the MV for the 215s out of that 20"er? Thanks

Right at 2600. I did not build this for my long range rifle. I built this for close to say 500. I'm building a 28 Nosler for the 195 for the long range stuff.

Nice setup. I really like the stocks gunwerks has made, anyone know if they are available to buy just the stock?