Bushnell LRHS - Anyone have any experieince with these?

An update on my experience with the Bushnell LRHS (and Bushnell customer service):

I haven't gone back and read, but I may have noted in this thread or a recent Nightforce thread I started (asking about the quality of the SHV model versus their higher end and more expensive models) that I had both an LRHS 4.5-18x44 Illuminated model and a NF SHV in my hands simultaneously so that I may could compare them. I did not end up taking time to do that, as work commitments had me running short on time, so I sent the NF back since I liked the reticle and size/weight of the Bushnell better. Apologies to anyone looking forward to that comparison.

I mounted it to a 300WM Tikka Superlite, brand new from Cabela's, in Talley Mfg. Lightweight rings and took it out to the range. I adjusted the eyepiece reticle focus and set the parallax to 100yds. I zeroed at 100yds, then set a target out at 300yds. Adjusting the parallax knob to the 300yd marking yielded worse focus on the target than when the knob was set at 100yds, so I cranked it back to the 50yd setting (around there, at least), and the target came into sharp focus at 300yds. Then the rifle was pointed at an object at 50yds. Again it was way out of focus with the 50yd parallax setting, but was brought into sharp focus by cranking the knob to up near the highest extent of its travel (near the 300yd/infinity markings).

Something being definitely wrong here, I contacted Bushnell's customer service via the online form, and was emailed within a day telling me to call their customer service line. I called it today and after 15 or 20min, was able to speak to a customer service rep who, after some initial information collection about the model of scope, said that they sent out several batches that had the "parallax knob indexed in the wrong direction". The options for resolution I was presented with were to 1) have them mail me a sticker to apply to the parallax knob with the correct knob markings, or 2) have them send me a return shipping label, send the scope back to their returns processing center, and then receive a scope 8-10 business days after they get a batch of scopes in sometime during the first week of May.

I chose option 2 and so will be receiving a new scope at some point, if I choose to not cancel the transaction altogether. I'm considering going back to the Nightforce SHV after this experience.

For prospective buyers, if you care that the knob is labeled the way the scope works or not, you may want to find a way to verify that you have the correctly built scope before you purchase.

Both those scopes are made down the hall from each other. Light optical is a very respectable company

Rorschach

Lil-Rokslider
Update...

I received a new scope back from Bushnell. Parallax knob operates correctly now. It's mounted up and ready to zero.

Everything went exactly as I was informed it would by Bushnell's customer service representative.

A+ for them.

Not sure how many rounds I have on my 3-12 lrhs but I'm liking it. Shot it late at night this weekend and today to 750 or so.

25.5 oz is a bit more then the advertised weight but not a deal breaker.

Zero stop is nice. Glass is fine. It's not Schmidt, a wee bit of chromatic aberration, but it's good glass. Eye box is forgiving.
Donut of death is perfect. Reticle is numbered which I like. Knob clicks seem hollow, a wee bit of slop or play, but for a hunting rifle I'll take them. 10 mils per rotation is sweet. Zero'd it and then ran it up and back to the stop probably 300 or so times.. no loss in zero.

Ran an informal tracking test, far as I could tell it was .1 mils off at 10 mils but it did return to zero fine.

Paid 825$ for it, not sure if anything touches it for even double the money.

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Just got mine in the mail and mounted up! Looks to be quality made and well thought out. Can't wait to hit the range this weekend and get it zeroed.

shawnb

FNG
Mwhats your thoughts on reticle thickness? Is it to thick for lr shooting at 1000ys+ on targets?

I ask because i saw they were 0.200 moa thick where the NF F1 and burris xtr iis around 0.125

Last edited:
Mwhats your thoughts on reticle thickness? Is it to thick for lr shooting at 1000ys+ on targets?

I ask because i saw they were 0.200 moa thick where the NF F1 and burris xtr iis around 0.125

I have the 4.5-18 lrhs in moa and it's thicker than I prefer but not a problem. If buying new I would look at a non illuminated LRTS version with G3 reticle. I believe the illuminated version has a slightly thicker reticle too.

Wrongside

WKR

We shoot to 1000+ meters regularly, with a few different LRHS 3-12s. The reticle is fine, great even.

brushape

WKR
I'm thinking about jumping on one of these should I pay the extra 100 for the illuminated reticle on the 4.5-18? My only worry with this scope is the ffp reticle at low light and close range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just called Bushnell to get a price and availability for a customer on a LRHS scope and I was told that all the LRHS scopes in the line have been discontinued