Rokslide Carbon Barrel/Rebarrel group buy

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's hard to not be tempted!
Yes referring to the T3, I haven't played with the early models yet.
As far as adding a recoil lug we have a couple options. The front of the tikka action is tapered so it looks "weird" with a lug in front of it so it needs to be faced a little bit for proper aesthetics but it's not a problem to use a lug. PTG is currently selling a tapered recoil lug for the tikka that matches the action profile (or so they say, last one I saw was about .020" off).

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aware, I was curious if you had experience doing so. I've had one M695 done prior, had most of the visible taper taken off (the lower portion is down in the stock) but wasn't really concerned about matching the profile specifically. I've got another potential donor M695 sitting in the gun case. I'lll send you a PM as I have some specific questions.

0ff079f9-0bc1-4dd2-86f4-d0208251e6b6_zpsp9rqrk6d.jpg

OP
HellsCanyon
How many people do you have currently committed to this as I am very interested in possibly a couple barrels from you.

At this point I believe I only have 3-4 people committed. More are interested... Planning on running this through the end of the month maybe? What do you guys think?

Mike

ams

WKR
I'm in if you get some more on board :)
I'd send you the rum for a barrel installed, threaded, and recoil lug.
Alan

OP
HellsCanyon
Awesome stuff everyone. I'm in the process up uploading a 6 minute youtube video describing my barrels a little more... I think we should hit the 10 person mark with ease... Hoping to get to the 15-20 mark as well! I'll give this group buy to the end of the month. Will get a spread sheet up this afternoon or tomorrow. I've got a 338 Norma I need to chamber right now :)

Mike

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Perhaps a silly question but to get it out there as I'm tempted but don't exactly know what I'd like to put together: If we jump in on the barrel buy can we, if needed, postpone the chamber work for a bit (with in reason)?

OP
HellsCanyon
Perhaps a silly question but to get it out there as I'm tempted but don't exactly know what I'd like to put together: If we jump in on the barrel buy can we, if needed, postpone the chamber work for a bit (with in reason)?

Absolutely... If you jump on the group buy I'll honor the chambering price for a month or two after barrels arrive if needed.

Also here's a short video from this morning giving you some more info about the barrels. Sorry it's shot with a worn out Iphone but it's all I roll with. I'm not that techy when it comes to videos/graphics/website stuff! Edited original post to add video as well.

[video=youtube_share;ePPXG7Ykz-o]https://youtu.be/ePPXG7Ykz-o[/video]

Mike

splinter

FNG
Hey Mike , how bout 26 nosler on a tikka t3 in 30-06 ?

OP
HellsCanyon
Hey Mike , how bout 26 nosler ?

I don't have a 26 Nosler reamer on the shelf but it wouldn't be an issue to get one! I haven't had a customer brave enough to spend that kind of money on a 600-750 round barrel this would be a great time for it!

FYI folk we're sitting around 10 barrels right now I believe. Some people are more committed than others but I'm confident we'll be at the 15+ price point.

Mike

splinter

FNG
Thanks , so thoughts to keep simple ,06 ackley ,300 win ... have always thought ackley would be fun ...

OP
HellsCanyon
Correct. You'd have to get a new bolt. I'd run a 6.5-06AI with that action if you want a fast 6.5.... not the fastest but a 140 at 3150 surely isn't slow!

Mike

Brendan

WKR
I would be a "maybe". For me - I'd need at least a couple weeks to commit, but it might end up being too short notice for me. Already have a LPA action in the safe and am thinking about a 300 win barrel to shoot the 215 Bergers...

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Jesus this thread is haunting my thoughts...

Couple more thoughts racing in my head. You have a 300wsm reamer? Any idea if your number 5 contour will it in a T3x stock (I presume material will need to be removed, just wondering if there is enough meat on the bone so to speak) at least in the short term?

Anyone have experience using a long action tikka with the 300wsm and whether it feeds well?

Should be obvious but the T3/T3x action length concerns me for a long action cartridge in a custom setup due to the mag length restrictions. However a LA mag would have plenty of space for a 300WSM with long bullets...

OP
HellsCanyon
I would be a "maybe". For me - I'd need at least a couple weeks to commit, but it might end up being too short notice for me. Already have a LPA action in the safe and am thinking about a 300 win barrel to shoot the 215 Bergers...

Should be good to go by the end of the month but if you're on the fence at the end shoot me a PM and we can deal. Hate to see you miss out of it's only a few weeks later.

Pods,
I do have a 300WSM reamer! Have a customer shooting 212 eld-x at 2850 with a 26" carbon on a blueprinted 700SA! #5 should work on the tikka stock with minor sanding.

Mike

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for that feedback (or should I say curse you! ;) ). Any idea how long his COAL is with something like that?

Anyone have experience feeding 300WSM from a LA tikka???

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that feedback (or should I say curse you! ;) ). Any idea how long his COAL is with something like that?

Anyone have experience feeding 300WSM from a LA tikka???

All Tikkas are long actions. They feed just fine. You will need to get a different mag though or modify a long action Tikka mag. The 300wsm case has a bigger diameter than the 300wm or 30-06 so you have to "sand out" the inside of a standard mag to make it work.