Rokslide Carbon Barrel/Rebarrel group buy

OP
HellsCanyon
Thanks for jumping in Justin. I've built 3-4 of them and they're great guns and very solid off a tikka platform!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HellsCanyon
Thanks for that feedback (or should I say curse you! ;) ). Any idea how long his COAL is with something like that?

Anyone have experience feeding 300WSM from a LA tikka???

Pretty sure he's gotta single feed them even with the Wyatts extended box I installed on his Short action 700. I think he's jumped .030" and OAL is right at 3".

Mike

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn this so doesn't fit my budget for 2017.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PAXMAN

FNG
I have one of have barrels and really like it. I am going to buy another one for back up when I burn this one out. 28 nosler is kind of a hot rod. I am not expecting much more than 1200-1500 max.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you give me more a reference on barrel contours? Is #5 slightly smaller and then sendero?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hell of an offer. Come on sliders..........let's get 20 dudes. I am in for one and I am sure elkhunter777 will be in for one as he is looking for a rock chuck rifle.

Thanks Mike!

Randy

OP
HellsCanyon
So about how much wieght would you save with these carbon wrapped barrels. If I was looking at a number 5 contour 24 inches.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Over a factory #3, not much. It's a wash. But it won't open up group wise with higher shot strings. You start saving significant weight when you start comparing to #5 and bigger steel barrels

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
At this point between Facebook and here I'd guess we're at a dozen people comitted. Maybe 15 but I'm not counting all those interested as committed.

Mike

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I need to figure out how to make this work before I commit but damn it I just want one

Retterath

WKR
im in the market for one or have been for a while i just keep spending money on new optics and more gear but I'm would be building a 338 norma. what contour do i need to get to the 3lb 8oz mark and will this contour work for the 338 norma? i have my components down to each weight and thats where my barrel would need to be.

OP
HellsCanyon
im in the market for one or have been for a while i just keep spending money on new optics and more gear but I'm would be building a 338 norma. what contour do i need to get to the 3lb 8oz mark and will this contour work for the 338 norma? i have my components down to each weight and thats where my barrel would need to be.

I'll weight a freshly chambered Norma barrel on Monday!