Rokslide Carbon Barrel/Rebarrel group buy

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I currently have a tikka in .243, but I would probably just buy another chambered in wsm. I have to make my mind up on whether I want another long range gun. I have read up on the 6.5 gap 4s vs the 6.5wsm and most seem to prefer the Gap. Either of those 2 cartridges might be pretty neat to add to the arsenal. I will make my mind up soon.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys sorry for an asshole move of not following though with my commitment but for now I just can't swing a carbon barrel

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jay03

WKR
Curious if you do any small cal stuff? I have a .223AI that I would like to rebarrel. Its a trued 700 short in a McMillan game scout stock and the lilja barrel currently on it just doesn't shoot like I think it should. Its not a twist rate I like anyway, currently 1in14 and would rather 1in10 or 9. Also I would like it threaded and don't want to spend one more penny on that lilja. Also how many is the group buy currently at? Thanks

OP
HellsCanyon
Curious if you do any small cal stuff? I have a .223AI that I would like to rebarrel. Its a trued 700 short in a McMillan game scout stock and the lilja barrel currently on it just doesn't shoot like I think it should. Its not a twist rate I like anyway, currently 1in14 and would rather 1in10 or 9. Also I would like it threaded and don't want to spend one more penny on that lilja. Also how many is the group buy currently at? Thanks

Absolutely can do a 223 caliber.
I've got to update the list this afternoon. I'm confident we're at the $650 mark.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay03

WKR
Then I would be interested in getting in on this, 22" #5 threaded 1/2x28 on a 700 that has been trued. It has a PTG bolt as well if that matters. I might inquire about the possibility of having the stock inlet for a DTM bottom metal. The AI feeds ok but should be fed from the center and a mag would do that. The stock BDL setup does not.

Jay03

WKR
I know there are lots of variables but any idea what the barrel I described above would weigh? Compared to a stainless #4 fluted at 23"

Sorry for all the questions, this was a project that has been on the backburner and I have not been researching it lately. But seeing this thread revived my interest in getting my coyote popper finished. Its been usable but groups are usually barely under an inch at best. Not very impressive for a lilja barrel. And the 14twist hamstings bullet choice.

Last edited:
OP
HellsCanyon
I know there are lots of variables but any idea what the barrel I described above would weigh? Compared to a stainless #4 fluted at 23"

Sorry for all the questions, this was a project that has been on the backburner and I have not been researching it lately. But seeing this thread revived my interest in getting my coyote popper finished. Its been usable but groups are usually barely under an inch at best. Not very impressive for a lilja barrel. And the 14twist hamstings bullet choice.

The last week has been pretty hectic so I apologize for not getting back sooner! You can gamble on 4-6 oz being taken off for spiral fluting on a 23". Per benchmark website that puts you about 3# for a heavy fluted #4. My carbon will be about the same...

I will say though, I recently built a fluted #4 contour on a 300 winmag/LPA razor Ti action and it shot phenomenal, however it starts to lose accuracy after 6-8 shots in 70* weather. Carbon won't do that...

So far we are at 13-15 people committed on the group buy. At this point I'll guarantee a $650 price point on the barrels... so if anybody else is interested, nows the time to jump in! Here's the list I have so far...

Justin Crossley
Travis Bertrand
AMS (maybe?)
Muleyman (2)
Paxman
Mtnwrunner
Liv2Hunt (maybe)
Elkhunter777
Idaho CTD (at 20 barrel mark)
Retterath (maybe)
Luke Moffat
Willidru
Jay03
Weatherbow21

Mike

Jay03

WKR
No worries, I am in no hurry. My #4 has pretty light straight flutes. So I know it will be picking the fly s**t out of the pepper but maybe I will lose a few ounces or so. But weight is not my primary concern with this rifle.

ams

WKR
Hey Mike, just wanted to confirm that I am in. At the least for a barrel and possibly more. I was reading through the thread and saw you had me listed as a maybe so I'm just clearing that up. I can pay for the barrel now and kick this off if you pm me your paypal info.

OP
HellsCanyon
Hey Mike, just wanted to confirm that I am in. At the least for a barrel and possibly more. I was reading through the thread and saw you had me listed as a maybe so I'm just clearing that up. I can pay for the barrel now and kick this off if you pm me your paypal info.

Sweet! PM inbound.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay03

WKR
Dang this could be getting close to the 20 barrel mark! Come on Roksliders you know you need a new barrel on something, just tell the wife your rifle broke and you need to fix it... haha!

Last edited: