Rokslide Carbon Barrel/Rebarrel group buy

Mike,
My barrel arrived and it looks awesome!!
It’s off to my Smith this week to be threaded for a brake and finish my build.
Thanks
Mark

OP
HellsCanyon
Any updates?

Been a rough and busy week but everyone’s barrel who isn’t getting a chamber or muzzle threads will ship out before Tuesday! Got a new barrel sander/polisher setup this week that’ll dramatically shorten the finish work.

Sending you a PM Chad got to clarify a finished length question for you! Cutting threads and threading your cap this afternoon.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HellsCanyon
Finished up thread protector for a Rokslide barrel this evening!
271ca77f13ab8737f6cdf2c897155b48.jpg

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Well I only have around 30 rounds down the barrel thus far, but I must say I am pretty impressed. Mike did a bang up job putting the barrel on.

There is enough carbon here to go around:
bRDcJRL.jpg

I will say after barrel break in I loaded up 9 cases each in .5 grain increments and the rifle managed to keep all 9 inside just over an inch which is pretty good for spanning 4 full grains of powder from the lightest to the heaviest charge.
MbLmCng.jpg

And while we were at it we also tested to see how big of a discrepancy between LabRadars there was.
otyn8Fo.jpg

weaver

WKR
That's a nice rifle Luke. Curious what caliber and what it weighs?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You're spanning the spectrum from ultralight to a chassis now! What is your goal in this rig out of curiosity?

Looking forward to mine being wrapped up. :)

weaver I believe he went 7wsm

OP
HellsCanyon
Luke's is indeed a 7WSM.

Adam I have yours all but done. Getting engraved this week. Finished your chamber and brake last night... :)

Mike

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Well I only have around 30 rounds down the barrel thus far, but I must say I am pretty impressed. Mike did a bang up job putting the barrel on.

There is enough carbon here to go around:
bRDcJRL.jpg

I will say after barrel break in I loaded up 9 cases each in .5 grain increments and the rifle managed to keep all 9 inside just over an inch which is pretty good for spanning 4 full grains of powder from the lightest to the heaviest charge.
MbLmCng.jpg

And while we were at it we also tested to see how big of a discrepancy between LabRadars there was.
otyn8Fo.jpg
Are those orange warning cones. :)

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
7.5 lbs in the dot. Not pad considering your stock is the sporter fill :)

Mike

Not bad at all, basically the weight of a CTR tikka yet with 4" more barrel with a brake and also a heavier stock. An edge fill stock would get that down to ~7lb but that wasn't worth worrying about versus the price I got that stock at, it wasn't intended to be an ultralight. Scoped out 8.5lb vs 9lb doesn't matter much to me. It'll be a stable shooter. :)

OP
HellsCanyon
Not bad at all, basically the weight of a CTR tikka yet with 4" more barrel with a brake and also a heavier stock. An edge fill stock would get that down to ~7lb but that wasn't worth worrying about versus the price I got that stock at, it wasn't intended to be an ultralight. Scoped out 8.5lb vs 9lb doesn't matter much to me. It'll be a stable shooter. :)

Personally I think 7.5 lbs is PERFECT for a LR hunting rig. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Mike

luke moffat

Super Moderator
That's a nice rifle Luke. Curious what caliber and what it weighs?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Its 8.75 pounds for just the rifle. Add 2.2 pounds of rail, rings, bubble level, scope caps, and scope itself and its just under 11 pounds scoped.

Hall256

WKR
Man, I cannot wait to get mine....going to be hard hiding this one from the wife...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
HellsCanyon
Man, I cannot wait to get mine....going to be hard hiding this one from the wife...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ha no doubt!!
44da42739ce63da8948e7dd46651a07e.jpg

There’s quite a few Rokslide member barrels sitting in this table waiting for lathe time

Mike