Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 3.5-21x50mm Review

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Looking for a new long range scope for hunting, competition or tactical use?

Last year I gave the Bushnell Elite Tactical ERS 3.5-21x50mm a test run on the bench and in the field. You might hear the name and think "that doesn't sound much like a hunting scope". Well I was pretty much on the same page when Ryan talked to me about giving it a try but in a lot of ways I really liked the scope for hunting.

Read my full review here and be sure to post up any questions you have.

Bushnell ELITE TACTICAL ERS 3.5-21x50mm Review

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I've been eyeing this scope for a couple weeks with the intent of putting it on my elk rifle!

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
Started using this scope a few years ago after seeing a bunch of them at a PR class--great scope, best value in a precision rifle scope bar none. Ended up selling my Nightforces etc just to run the same scope on all my PR rifles. I've been too cowardly to put it on a hunting rifle bc it is so heavy, but nice to see it getting put to proper use...

Rolando

FNG
I've used an XRS 4.5-30x for the last couple of years on my long range bolt gun and an Elite 1-6.5x for 3 gun comps for the past 4 years. The Elite series is no slouch.

I've attempted to compare the DMR2 and the ERS....both seem to be so very close in specs. Maybe only an ounce of weight difference and the external dimensions seem to be exact or nearly so.

The new DMR2 has the low profile turret. And I think a new zero set. But what are the differences that I seem to be overlooking???

FWIW I own and shoot the LRHS 4.5-18X. Scope tracks very well. And I would like to invest in another...as I can't scrape the $2000 for a NF.