the age old, less than $1000 scope thread

shawnb

FNG
Never had an issue dialing and returning to zero with leupolds. Ive used three different pst’s that would not do the same as the leupolds. I do not own the pst’s anymore.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I liked the idea of getting the VX2 with CDS and finding a load my rifle likes then ordering my free CDS from them.

I will say the same thing that I say everytime this comes up- if you are going to dial at all, get a SWFA SS, Nightforce, or Bushnell LRHS.

None of those scopes that you listed will track, adjust, and return to zero reliably. Not even for use at 400 yards.

shawnb

FNG
Maybe you have said this but why the lrhs over others? What have you seen with your testing? I to am in the market for a scooe and i really just cant decide what to go for. The nightforce is nice but they are to heavy and way to expensive here.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Maybe you have said this but why the lrhs over others? What have you seen with your testing? I to am in the market for a scooe and i really just cant decide what to go for. The nightforce is nice but they are to heavy and way to expensive here.

Those three lines of scopes are just about the only ones that I/we do not see problems with. They simply work. All of them will be between 19-24oz, as that's just the price to pay for absolute reliability. There is no 14oz scopes made that dials and tracks correctly everytime.

Those three lines of scopes are just about the only ones that I/we do not see problems with. They simply work. All of them will be between 19-24oz, as that's just the price to pay for absolute reliability. There is no 14oz scopes made that dials and tracks correctly everytime.

What do you think about Huskemaw? Glass? Tracking? etc.... thanks

Dunky

WKR
Classified Approved
I think it has ended but bushnell was having a rebate on scopes. I used an optics planet coupon and the rebate and got a lrhs for $760

I will say the same thing that I say everytime this comes up- if you are going to dial at all, get a SWFA SS, Nightforce, or Bushnell LRHS.

None of those scopes that you listed will track, adjust, and return to zero reliably. Not even for use at 400 yards.

How about the bushnell DMR scopes? Are they constructed like the LRHS?

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What do you think about Huskemaw? Glass? Tracking? etc.... thanks

Have only seem a few a few of them. One seemed to have issues with RTZ sometimes, but I didn't fire enough rounds to really see.

How about the bushnell DMR scopes? Are they constructed like the LRHS?

Mike

The DMR/HDMR/XRS/ERS series of Elite Tactical scopes are excellent.

Have only seem a few a few of them. One seemed to have issues with RTZ sometimes, but I didn't fire enough rounds to really see.

The DMR/HDMR/XRS/ERS series of Elite Tactical scopes are excellent.

May I ask what business you're associated with (if not a name, then what do you do?) that you run hundreds of thousands of rounds a year? Thanks for your input!

Mike

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
Something from Bushnell, Vortex or Athlon.
Several reviews available on these by competent men on Sinpershide.com.

R

OP
E
form, for a hunting scope what would you pick between the LRHS and Nightforce SHV line. I have expanded my budget a little and am trying to narrow it down still. I plan on using both turrets and reticle. Rifle will be a custom 6.5saum

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
form, for a hunting scope what would you pick between the LRHS and Nightforce SHV line. I have expanded my budget a little and am trying to narrow it down still. I plan on using both turrets and reticle. Rifle will be a custom 6.5saum

The LRHS. Mils and reticle.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Any thoughts on the Burris Tactical line of scopes?

Have seen several issues myself, and have heard from dudes that I can trust to know what they are doing have also relayed issues with them.

Would not chose one.