Testing dope at altitude

Hey I'm going from Oklahoma to Colorado in October. Elevation will be between 10,000-12,000, much higher than my Oklahoma shooting. I'll be relying on density altitude and applied ballistics for my calculations. Here's my question, what do you guys do to test your dope at higher altitude? If conditions are good, I'm comfortable shooting to 1k, but I'd sure like to be able to verify my dope beforehand. Thanks!

Shoot rocks when you get there!! If your going guided they should have a place to let you do exactly this. If they don't then that says something about your outfitter.

If you have confirmed your sight in data and dope at home and your using a reputable ballistics software you should be fine as long as you can accurately account for temperature and DA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Huntingpreacher
Hey guys, I should have clarified that I wanted to shoot my gun at altitude to test the dope. (I don't know any other way it would be possible.) So... Do you guys just find a good spot on a hillside to shoot at? Find a range? Thanks!

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
I've developed my dope around 3k DA and then changed my DA input to conditions at 9k plus DA with first round hits beyond reasonable hunting ranges. As stated above shooting to check dope is always the best plan if possible. It may help in the self confidence area as well.

R

wildcat33

WKR
Where are you headed in Colorado? There are a lot of great public ranges just off major highways. Depending on your route it may be very easy to drop in somewhere for an hour, check zero, chrono some shots, and get back on the road.