Scopd for a backpacking 338 edge

Hi everyone I'm wanting to see what everyone is running on there backpacking rigs . My edge will be done in the next few weeks and I'm wanting to change my scope over. What power is enough? I was looking at the new vortex gen2 pst or maybe a nightforce atacr 4-14 if the budget can stretch that far.

Cheers
Tall Timber

AXEL

WKR
A .338Edge, as a "backpacking" rifle???? I often use(d) a light .338WM for this here in mountainous BC, mostly my Ralf Martini customized Dakota 76, and the very idea of a much more "vigorous" piece in a weight practical for toting in these mountains, well, bit much for me! :)

6.5x284

WKR
I run the new Zeiss V6 3-18x50 on my Ti and Carbon 6.5 GAP 4S. Over 100MOA travel, great glass, awesome turrets, and 22 oz. SFP though (my preference for hunting, run FFP on all my comp rifles). Depends on what focal plane you're looking for probably, and what your weight goal is for the glass. Under 30oz? Under 35oz?

WRO

WKR
Hi everyone I'm wanting to see what everyone is running on there backpacking rigs . My edge will be done in the next few weeks and I'm wanting to change my scope over. What power is enough? I was looking at the new vortex gen2 pst or maybe a nightforce atacr 4-14 if the budget can stretch that far.

Cheers
Tall Timber

If you're looking at an AtacR, the x5 3.5 x 18 is the same money and lighter.