Browning hell's canyon lr

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
What's all of your opinions of these rifles in 6.5 or 28nosler

It's just an X-bolt stalker with a medium/heavy sporter barrel on it and some Long Range marketing. Not saying that's bad and lots of guys hunt with them. I have an X-bolt stainless stalker. I suppose it all depends on your budget. The trigger is ok but not as good as a Tikka trigger. The bedding is some factory goo literally squirted in by a machine with no pillars. The front sling stud is just screwed into the plastic stock with a course thread drywall looking screw. I don't like the scope rail mounting system. It relies on 4 tiny screws front and rear that barely have enough room to bite due to the curved top of the receiver. There is no recoil lug slot on top of the receiver. The front screws actually contact the barrel threads if not torqued exact. You can see the barrel threads through the hole. They are a pain to rebarrel. I'm not slamming this rifle at all, just letting you know the scoop based on my experience. Plus there are really no modifications you can do to these down the road. Macmillan makes a stock but it's $600 bucks. for 1200 bucks the x-bolt gets the job done and they are usually MOA out of box with factory ammo. I wish I didn't buy one and I'll leave it there.

I've got a browning x bolt long range hunter, pretty much the same gun, and I like the gun alright. I don't hunt with it much though and probably won't. It shoots really well but I just prefer my tikkas. Like said above the trigger is decent but not great. I don't know what the hells canyon lr is going for but I'd probably wait and check out the mesa lr if that was what I was after.

wildcat33

WKR
Lipstick on a pig really.

Being an X-bolt owner myself, I will second what the others have said. For 500-600 bucks its a good gun to go hunting with. Theres no aftermarket support, so if you don't think the trigger is great, tough. Same with the stock (although I see above mention of McM making a stock for it, thats new). To me, it just feels like a cheaply made gun. It kinda soured me on browning really, besides the shotguns, the entire company is just that dumb logo stamped on crap made overseas. You want a good laugh? Go check out the "Browning Factory Outlet" in Morgan, UT.

With that said, if anyone wants a 1moa xbolt in 308, let me know.