Seekins SRS Picitanny Rail

Just received a Seekins SRS rail on the door step tonight and immediately installed on my HS Precision stock. I quickly realized that the seekins rail is out of spec as soon as I attempted to install the Hatch Outdoors bipod to it. The rail looks to be thicker than mil-spec to the eye, yet to throw the caliper on it.

The Hatch Bipod is confirmed to be in spec by attaching to both a BCM and Daniel Defense AR rail with no problem. Also attempted to install a Larue optic mount to the short section of Seekins rail and could tell that it wasn't going to happen.

Anyone have issues with a Seekins SRS rail previously? Alternatively, any other solutions for a pic rail with 2 inch spacing for an HS Precision stock?

Thanks in advance as if like to get the bipod up and running as soon as possible.

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
I've got a SRS rail on a new rifle and a bipod coming on monday. Ill let you know how it fits when it arrives.

Edit: In the meantime you might give Seekins a call. They seem to have a pretty good reputation - my bet is they take care of you straight away if there is in fact an issue.

Last edited:

wildcat33

WKR
The rail looks to be thicker than mil-spec to the eye, yet to throw the caliper on it.

Finally got to check bipod fit on my SRS rail. I was able to mount my atlas bipod on it, no problem BUT I did have to loosen it up a good bit to fit. It was previously on a BCM rail - so you could be right, it might be a touch thicker.